Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shabo...?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if Shabo is still in business making tire dry transfers, or another company offers the same products? I'd like to get some 1/24-25 BFG T/A Radial lettering, if it is available. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted · Report post

Shabo is gone. I've gone crazy trying to find some myself but no luck. Once in a while you can find them on eBay but other than that I hardly ever see them.

Posted · Report post

I've bought some waterslide BFG decals from Scale Equipment Ltd. They do a few other brands of RWL's as well.

http://www.seltd.net

A while back there was some "super-secret" seller doing whole sheets of waterslide RWL decals of various brands, but you had to know somebody to buy them, I guess they were trying to fly under the copyright/licensing radar. I was never able to buy any, I e-mailed and PM'ed, but I didn't know the right people. That, or my PayPal money wasn't green enough... <_<

Posted · Report post

I've used the decals from scale equipment, they look good but are very fragile and some spots kind of flaked off. I've had mixed results using waterside on side walls, some came out great and some had alot of silvering

Posted (edited) · Report post

Try www.modelempireusa.com They still have some on the rack and on their online catalog(page 56)...well, whatever they have left. Can't guarantee they'd have exactly what you're looking for though.

Edited by The70judgeman

Posted · Report post

Waterslide decals are all I use anymore. The best procedure I have found is first, scuff the sidewall with sandpaper enough to take off the gloss. Then brush on a coat of Future. When that is dry, apply the decals. After the decals and whatever solvent you use is dry, spray the sidewall with Dullcote.

For what it's worth, the Shabo BFG lettering was wrong anyway. The letters are too big and it said "T/A Radial" instead of "Radial T/A".