Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missing Photobucket albums

So today, while looking for some pix to answer several on-line questions, I came across the apparent fact that some of my tutorials and build albums on P'bucket are gone...at least not accessible from the site...though some DO still show up on other boards, etc. Anyone had any problem with this particular 'new improved' feature??

So today, while looking for some pix to answer several on-line questions, I came across the apparent fact that some of my tutorials and build albums on P'bucket are gone...at least not accessible from the site...though some DO still show up on other boards, etc. Anyone had any problem with this particular 'new improved' feature??

I have not had an issues with lost pics either....As for the new format, I'm liking it....

I haven't noticed that problem on mine. I did notice that they went back to the old style of pages once again. :rolleyes: I liked being able to just scroll down a single page to find photos.

I haven't noticed that problem on mine. I did notice that they went back to the old style of pages once again. :rolleyes: I liked being able to just scroll down a single page to find photos.

Yeah, I never was a fan of having to click the "View all" option, and now you can't even do that. Maybe once everything is fully updated that option will return, as well as the ability to re-name images.

Sorry, Bill, no missing images in my albums.

Same here on a few things, I am still not liking the new layout, but I am getting use to it, my two biggest complaints on the new layout is that its not as easy to get to the image links, and if you forgot to select an album before uploading, and you upload more then a few photos, how much a pain it is to have to go into to each photo and move them one at a time.

I tell you this, I am remembering to make sure I upload photos to the right album

And as of last night, all my albums are still there, sorry, I know its no help to you

...and if you forgot to select an album before uploading, and you upload more then a few photos, how much a pain it is to have to go into to each photo and move them one at a time.

I tell you this, I am remembering to make sure I upload photos to the right album

Yes! Exactly! When you create a new album, and you're supposedly "in" that new album (still empty at that point)... you would think that when you click "upload," the upload would by default go to the album you are currently in! But no! You have to select the album before you upload. I learned that the hard way... :rolleyes:

Seems pretty non-intuitive to have to do that, but whatever.

And I also agree that the new way of getting the image code info is clunkier now than it was before they "fixed" things... :rolleyes:

I haven't found an easy way to navigate through my 800 and some unorganized photos with the new Photobucket so, I started new folders for all my old builds. I found out the hard way, when you move your photos you lose them off the forum. You would have to re-post them all. I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either. Why do they always have to change things when I just figure out the old way? :blink:

Guest G Holding

If they are showing up elsewhere...PB still has them. Are you still in the "beta" version ? I have seen it come and go...they are still tweaking.

if you have a PB link, and cannot find the photo in your PB album, copy that link and send it to PB techies....It will re appear!

I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either.

Click on "Create New Album" at the upper left. Name the album, then click "Upload" at the top. But remember to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload.

Guest G Holding

I haven't found an easy way to navigate through my 800 and some unorganized photos with the new Photobucket so, I started new folders for all my old builds. I found out the hard way, when you move your photos you lose them off the forum. You would have to re-post them all. I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either. Why do they always have to change things when I just figure out the old way? :blink:

Sounds like YOU are the issue, Set folders, fill with images....use the bulk uploader....nothing has really changed in the end....just "adjusted"

And PB tells you that your links were good, but you are changing them.

Click on "Create New Album" at the upper left. Name the album, then click "Upload" at the top. But remember to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload.

Thanks Harry, This sounds like what I have been trying to do but, my new photos can only be accessed by clicking "Home" and then they don't show up in the new album. I guess maybe I would have to move them from "Home" to the album selected from this point? I'm confused and afraid I will lose my new posted photos again.

Sounds like YOU are the issue, Set folders, fill with images....use the bulk uploader....nothing has really changed in the end....just "adjusted"

And PB tells you that your links were good, but you are changing them.

Thanks Greg, You are right, I am the problem, just don't know what I am doing. I have never used the bulk up-loader and I've never used albums, only once.

You have to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload, or else they all go by default to "library" or whatever they call it.

Thanks again Harry, I guess I will just have to go to Photobucket and try a few times. I think I have been in too much of a hurry on their site, just wanting to get back to the forum with minimal time spent. I'll work on it, thanks again.

Thanks again Harry, I guess I will just have to go to Photobucket and try a few times. I think I have been in too much of a hurry on their site, just wanting to get back to the forum with minimal time spent. I'll work on it, thanks again.

You'll figure it out. All it takes is a little time playing around, seeing what does what.

I'm a little late to the party but I hope this helps. I am having some of the same issues and I went to the "help" section, (located on the top, right). Although they didn't have exact instructions on how to fix the problems I was able to see that I was not the only one having the problems and that they were aware of it, etc. It might be worth looking over the various topics and you might find that they know about your exact problem. One of the issues was loading pics into a particular album.

The new photobucket,,, i cann't say what i think about it,,the names are forbidden to say. its bad

Im about in the same boat ha ha. What gets me is when I goto the Library or Album to click on individual pics, when I open them the box is always gray and doesnt load the photo. It brings up the thumbnails at the bottom of the page, if I click on them it opens perfectly lol. Im sure its all a thing of I have to take the time and have a little patience to figure how it all works since the change ha ha. My opinion on photo bucket and you tube at the present since the changes is about the same as my opinion on the new Windows 8 lol. As someone mentioned above I cant really use the words or phrases I need too to give my thoughts as they are unacceptable for a public forum lol.

Guest G Holding

Thanks Greg, You are right, I am the problem, just don't know what I am doing. I have never used the bulk up-loader and I've never used albums, only once.

Like Harry said.....you will get it. PB is really not all that hard or bad. They have been busy the last 3 months, listening and MOST real issues are non issues now. The old page style was kept, bulk uploader is better ...finally!

Think of PB as a bunch of books, with pictures in them

Could be worse you could be stuck in the rudderless inflatable dinghy that is Fotki where we've been missing a random selection of photos (tends to be about 1/3rd of you're total images for everyone) since after Sandy hit.

Last I heard they were building a server farm in Estonia if all places because they couldn't afford the post-Sandy rent in NYC.

The opinions all seem to side with the idea that the photos are all gone, and they're just leading people on in hopes the re-up their accounts so they can offload their photos when they come back.

Edited by niteowl7710

I think I've got mine pretty well sorted into albums and updated now. All the new one's I will put in albums from now on, I think that was part of my problem they were all in one bucket. (pun intended) I like the NEW Photobucket now, best part it's still free for limited use. Who knows what that means but, I did find out I had only used about 24%. Question now is, is it worth it to go back to all your posts to check and see if your pictures are there? I find that most of the time people quit commenting on mine after about a week. I never have checked how many views there are after that. Or should I go back just a little and check? I spent one entire evening on photobucket I think.

Edited by rmvw guy

I see a lot of you referring to "my photos".

Do you not realise that once you have uploaded an image to Photobucket it then belongs to them?

INCORECT!!!

This is from Photo Buckets Terms of use page, this is the first sentence within the content and privacy paragraph

Content & Privacy

You retain all your rights to any Content you submit, upload or display on or while using Photobucket. This means that you own all the Content you post and are responsible for its settings:

http://photobucket.com/terms

Now, I am not one those legal persons :lol: , but that says that your photos remain yours

Edited by martinfan5