Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie trailer ..Done...

BIGTRUCK

Keeping the color theme thru-out the trailer starting with the frame. The walls would be pretty much cut/dry but on a kit this size there are numerous ejector marks , using some 1/2 inch wood rub rails to cover a few on the lower walls the rest will have to be filled in , I wanted the roof to be removable , we'll see , there are about 42 to fill in not including the roof . I noticed John from Can-Am Garage did something to his walls maybe he could elaborate.

IMGP0036-vi.jpg

IMGP0038-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Work is super busy but I'm staying on this all day today, I'm trying for all paint done this week. Interior just about done.

IMGP0060-vi.jpg

weathered the floor wood , now it makes the walls to bright, need some light grime to tone it down some

IMGP0061-vi.jpg

IMGP0062-vi.jpg

Dang! You got me beat!

I used shelf paper for the inside of the walls. The decking was painted and then I added a strip of my checkerboard shelf paper (just about impossible for me to find anymore) down the middle.

P4074458-vi.jpg

Mine is patterned after a Haulmark trailer. The walls are no where near perfect as I did this after the trailer was assembled.

P4074459-vi.jpg

I got carried away around the spare tire well. :(

P4074462-vi.jpg

I even put checkboarding on top of the fifth wheel area.

One of these days, I've gotta work on it some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ifound out the hard way Dupli-color does not like to go over Testors lacquer system. 3rd paint job also meant reworking the wood inside , good thing I only tried 1 side to see how it would work. Its all done , just needs detailing and final assy......

IMGP0138-vi.jpg

IMGP0134-vi.jpg

The roof is dark blue as is the nose cap. I'll have to figure how to get some blue on the sides , maybe large lettering

• 2 weeks later...

Need to put the last wall on but the back door was just cleared so I have to wait , again , its the 1 thing I forgot to do...lettering is vinyl die-cuts, to match the smaller name on the hummer , add a few more decals after the last wall is on , building a slammer to keep inside . now to find room to keep it ..............

IMGP0160-vi.jpg

IMGP0164-vi.jpg

IMGP0162-vi.jpg

The overhead engine hoist also needs some rigging , but the inside is done

IMGP0167-vi.jpg