Model Cars Magazine Forum

The big C

mnwildpunk

I got a shock yesterday when I got a call from my doctor stating that the biopsy they took was positive for cancer and I have to have it removed I go back in a couple of days to find out if I need more done then just removal of the spot. I'll keep you all posted

Dave:

Seek treatment IMMEDIATELY, and hang tough.

I Was diagnosed with colon cancer last August. Been through radiation, chemo, & surgery, and looks like I may beat it.

Treatment is rough, but modern advances have helped beat the Big C; it's not the death sentence it used to be.

At least one bit of good news; my time off on medical leave has allowed me to catch up on the model building list!

Mike

I've had a couple of brushes with similar things and the uncertainty is always the worst part. If it's a small melanoma, just get it looked after immediately and all should be well. A good friend of mine has had several spots appear in the past few years, and has had them all removed by freezing with no long term aftereffects. Now he just stays out of the sun.

As everyone else has said, we're all pulling for ya.

Your in my prayers. I suffered a major stroke back in July, lost 60% of left side use and can't talk well anymore, but no more tele-marketer calls because of my speech, also have Parkinson's and I mix paint like no other :) . I started building cars again in November. I keep building and kept my sense of humor. I will never be the same, but I really enjoy life and have a new appreciation for my health.

Stay positive and you'll be around for a long time.

Al

I am praying for you Dave, our pastor just beat lung cancer. I have spots on my skin I need to check out, as from what my wife sees online looks like skin cancer.

You can beat this thing! My co-worker Mike has had it twice and is now on #3 if you can imagine. At 68 he's no spring chicken but he's a Fighter....

He's doing it and coming to work with a smile.

If he can, so can you.

Best wishes brother.

Bob

Thank you all for the well wishes. Al thank you for giving me a joke that caused me to spit coffee out of my nose. I have my inspiration it's my mother she has now dealt with cancer for almost a decade. And talk about the muhamad ali of cancer fighting she is the one.