Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Custom "Black Magic"

BOSWELL891

I call this one "Black Magic". Took me about 2 months to complete this build it's all box stock and painted with rustoleum gloss black. This is only the second time I have painted a model black and i think it came out pretty good, the pictures do not really do the paint justice. I forgot to get a picture of the interior before I put it together, but its just red and white. I'm really satisfied with the way this one came out. All comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

DSCN5062_zps412e1080.jpg

DSCN5052_zpsbc897a90.jpg

DSCN5060_zps40998757.jpg

DSCN5057_zps4240d531.jpg

DSCN5056_zpsdcccde10.jpg

great build. Your photography is awesome. what did you use for the pavement, it looks so real and to scale. I guessing a foot tread?

For the pavement I just took a piece of wooden board and then painted it with rustoleum textured spray paint and then added some white lines to simulate a road

For the pavement I just took a piece of wooden board and then painted it with rustoleum textured spray paint and then added some white lines to simulate a road

that is cool, it makes the car look that much more real, thanks for the tip.