can i see your limited space work stations

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

this week i am going to set up a work station-bench , thinking a table top of 2 x 5 ,, rather small but i like to see pics for ideas for mine , thanks

Posted · Report post

See "Workbench Saturdays" thread. If it doesn't come up in search of this forum, Google it and it should show up. Lots to look at.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Limited work space ? As a builder of more than 50 years I have discovered one thing that is true at least for me. That being no mater the size of my work space I find myself always working in a 12" by 12" area. Sometimes I build on my kitchen island. It is about 3' by 6' and has great recessed lighting but there I am working in a tiny space anyway.

Posted · Report post

Ray...I think that size is ok for a 1/25 scale model car. But I think it's probably not gonna suffice for a new model I'm waiting for....a 1/32 scale B-17G 4 engine bomber. This sucker has a wingspan of 39" !!!! I think I'm going to have to work on that one on a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood! LOL

Posted · Report post

Who makes a B-17 that size ? What's the cost ? I think I would have to do that one in my garage !

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think I have one of those that I probly won't build, I think it's a revell kit.

nah, I was wrong, it's a monogram 1/48 b17g

Edited by blunc

Posted · Report post

It's not out yet but the test shots have been out and it looks good. It's made by H-K Models, the same company that released the 1/32 B-25 kit a few months ago! MSRP is $280.00! But i'm sure we'll be able to get it for less than that! No other kit maker makes a 1/32 scale injection molded B-17. Years ago, Combat Models made a vacuform kit but it wsa just a basic shell. No detail at all. Pretty much a scratchbuilding start. I had one but I ended up selling it.