Model Cars Magazine Forum

When hood ornaments were cool!

Harry P.

I love your original illustration. Part of my taste in art tends towards liking relatively common things or machine elements taken out of their original contexts and turned into strong geometrical, almost abstract compositions. This one really does it for me. I'd like to have it on my wall, maybe 3X4 feet, framed under glass.

Looks good, I agree that we have too many wind tunnel designed cars No style, grace, or originality, but I have always been a fan of the art deco look.

Back then gas was cheap enough and nobody gave a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH about aerodynamics or wind tunnels, or gas milage. They did care "big time" about stylling to bring customers into their showroom and also sending them out in a new car. Now people "have to" have a car to get around in to go to work, shopping, etc., especially when both parents are working. Today people buy cars no matter what they look like as people want the cheapest car that can offer the best gas milage. And if you would stand on a busy intersection for about ten minutes, you will see that today's transportation looks disgusting.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...