Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Baron Done!

Modelbuilder Mark

Very nice indeed! Great stance and chop, precisely turned out and nicely conceived. Big thumbzupz! super.gifsuper.gif

...It has that rat feel and atattooed with out a need for a tetanus shot. :D ...

Well put! Gotta agree. Gorgeous shiny red has plenty of attitude without the now rather trite rust and dust!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback.

I tried to make something that is not just super shiney, car show trailer queen only, etc. I wanted something that a person could actually drive and live with on the weekends. So, there is not that much clear on the paint, and actually I buggered it up a couple little places in the paint, but decided to leave them. (IE:cleaning a brush, a flick of laq thinner hit the back and spotted it, rookie mistake for sure) Thought about turning that into a couple bullet holes, but decided to just touch it up instead.

Honestly tho, it does feel good that others are responding so well to it.

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

Looks great completed. I like your unusual engine choice, and especially the finish work on your chop. It's good to see one done where you can't see the seams. Very nice work.

Thanks Bill. I am a bit OCD (well, OK, a lot LOL). I do not put my self at all in the same class as many great builders on this forum, but I do try to take my time and make the work look as realist as possible. A huge pet peeve of mine is seems, and mold lines. I try really hard to make them go away!

Thanks Terry!

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark