Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mustang Boss 302

tomsheehy

Another old build that I want to show off.

This is the Monogram Boss 302 built using a series of articles by Tim Boyd as my guide. I pretty much followed it verse by verse, adding details as outlined by Tim. Not only did his suggestions add a ton of detail to the model, it also came out as one of my best paint jobs ever. I used a can Tamiya yellow and detailed the interior with white seats and black dash/carpet. Tires are from an MRC Muscle car set. I used decals from The Last Detail in the engine compartment and interior. Seeing this one again makes me want to get to the re-release and do a Mach 1 this time.

So without further ado...

June212006048-vi.jpg

June212006049-vi.jpg

June212006050-vi.jpg

June212006051-vi.jpg

June212006053-vi.jpg

June212006058-vi.jpg

Very nicely done. I love seeing all the details you've added, painted and otherwise (door locks!) When you combine those with a clean build and a fantastic paint job, you end up with a spectacular build like this.

I agree with what has already been said , very nice Boss 302 ! Lots of details that are really hard to see , so I enlarged your engine shot and adjusted the exposure so I could see everything . Wow ! Lots of goodies in there like a little glass diode for a fuel filter , and one of those dreaded Anti - Backfire Valves in the line from the PCV valve ! Way too much detail to list everything you've done . And the best looking vacuum advance diaphragm I've ever seen , how did you do that ?