Model Cars Magazine Forum

aoshima s-15 silvia

508boricua

This is an Aoshima kit. It's actually the D1 Kazama car. I made custom front flares to go with the rears that came with the kit. I custom made the wheels by adding lips to them and I built a 6 point cage for it. I also added a datalog gauge cluster, extended shifter and e brake .hope you guys like it.

silvia002_zpsc47b7abd.jpg

silvia006_zpsbc4f883e.jpg

silvia003_zpsa4e12425.jpg

silvia004_zpsbcabc567.jpg

silvia007_zpsb6bfbb94.jpg

Great build. Can I ask about the carbon fiber hood? Is that a sticker/decal?
Yeah, that's a transfer decal. You can find it online. About $8 to $10 a sheet. One sheet does about 4to5 hoods. Of course you can do any part of the car. Fenders look cool in this stuff.

That came out beautiful! I like these cars, but I'm no expert. I'm confused about the whole Q/K/S13/S14/S15/240SX/Sileighty... :unsure:
Great build. Can I ask about the carbon fiber hood? Is that a sticker/decal?
The whole drift scene ain't my cup of tea but you've done a great job on this kit. Well done!
Thanks guys!

That came out beautiful! I like these cars, but I'm no expert. I'm confused about the whole Q/K/S13/S14/S15/240SX/Sileighty... :unsure:
Q naturally aspirated and k turbo slight difference in aero option packages. In the u.s they were all 240sx,s. 88 to 94, s13 . 95 to 98 s14. We never got the s15. Sileighty is when you swap the pop up lights on an 180sx s13 hatch and replace it with the Silvia grill and head lights. Sil/eighty. Hope this helps.