Does anyone make resin repros of 1/16 automatic transmissions?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a few future projects that I will need auto transmissions for but most of the kits I'm working with all have manual trans.

I'm looking for anyone selling 1/16 typical GM and FOMOCO auto trans to replace the manual trans on my upcoming projects.

I have one kit that comes with an auto trans, I will cast it myself if I have to.

Posted · Report post

I have one kit that comes with an auto trans, I will cast it myself if I have to.

The Revell '34 Ford TH-350?

I don't know of anyone casting a 1/16 auto trans, but maybe Altered states does. Mark Johnson mentioned someone in CA who casts a 1/16 GM auto, but I forget the name.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have the phaeton version, looks like it has the th-350 or one of the newer metric gm trans, haven't taken the time to pin it down but that's not important anyway since I just want some additional auto trans to update some other projects with.

I also need some ford auto trans for a mustang project.

Edited by blunc

Posted · Report post

Ted's Modeling Market Place , specializing in 1/16 scale parts,, Turbo 400 Auto, $6.50 hope this helps ya..

Posted · Report post

Ted's Modeling Market Place , specializing in 1/16 scale parts,, Turbo 400 Auto, $6.50 hope this helps ya..

that helps, thanx.

any possibility of Ford auto trans being cast out there?

Posted · Report post

Flashpoint makes a turbo 400 in resin. Which is the one that randy mentioned from Teds Modeling. I have one and its a nice part.