Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is your favorite car chase scene in a movie

So many good car chase scenes...'Bullitt', 'The Blues Brothers', 'The French Connection', 'The Italian Job', 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', 'The Gumball Rally', 'It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World', 'The Love Bug' (I love all the Herbie films!), 'The Driver' (Ryan O'Neal), 'Gone in 60 Seconds' (Both), 'Ronan', Just about every Bond film...I'm sure there are a few more that I've forgotten for my list...too many to like!!

Two, both have previously been mentioned and both are or were in the top 10 movie car chases of all time.

1. Bullett

2. The Itallian Job - Original 1969 version, (by far better than the 2003 "remake" which they had to explain everything for the viewer)

Right off the top of my head, I'd say "The Seven-Ups" and "The French Connection" because they're great chases, and also noir classics, where there is no real redemption for any of the characters. The "winter in New York" settings for The Seven-Ups adds to the bleak mood.

While not a true chase scene, the bank heist scene from the original "Gun Crazy" with Peggy Cummins (oh, baby...) and John Dall is a classic now, but was far ahead of its time in the early '50s, shot in one take, from the back seat of the car. Love the way the tension builds, and the way Peggy works the wheel of the car (no power steering!), then the look on her face as they get away. If you've never seen this film you owe to yourself to see this masterpiece in its entirety!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28aPxWtdaGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is a movie called Fear Is The Key. Great chase scene. Same actor as Vanishing Point . The car is a 73 or 74 Ford Torino I think. Gets bent in half and still keeps on running. More realistic than so many chase scenes where you can see the car obviously didn't survive the jump and yet it is fine in the next shot.

So many good car chase scenes...'Bullitt', 'The Blues Brothers', 'The French Connection', 'The Italian Job', 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', 'The Gumball Rally', 'It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World', 'The Love Bug' (I love all the Herbie films!), 'The Driver' (Ryan O'Neal), 'Gone in 60 Seconds' (Both), 'Ronan', Just about every Bond film...I'm sure there are a few more that I've forgotten for my list...too many to like!!

Oh Yea, the Love Bug is by far my favorite of the Herbie movies, the other ones aren't bad. Love the vintage racing action in that one. Not a huge fan of the remake though!