Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratching the surface,1936 Bentley Saloon

kennb

Sheets of plastic came yesterday.......I broke it down to 24 20"x12" pieces for easier storage. :P

DSCN4296_zpse2216340.jpg

DSCN4297_zpse75e160f.jpg

I had the sides paritially assembled before I decided to have opening doors. So I cut the doors out of the sides. :rolleyes:

I have a unique hinging system,,,,but I have no clue what it is yet. :lol: for the mock up I used masking tape......................... :blink:

DSCN4287_zps5c2a3cf8.jpg

Kenn :)

Thanks for watching and commenting......remember if you see something I can do better let me know.

Doors are framed out and the window sill is installed,,,then the interior panel is installed, the interior finish will be put on later as are the wood window frames.

DSCN4302_zps84cdea90.jpg

The rear fender is roughed out and clips hold it in place. B)

DSCN4299_zpsf620806c.jpg

The front fenders are a pain, this is the 3rd go at one and finally if came out close to right............... <_<

DSCN4304_zps70ce7cee.jpg

DSCN4303_zpsb34c4c4a.jpg

DSCN4305_zpsf4b67302.jpg

Thanks for the comment Anne....all are appreciated...I know people think it is going the right direction that way. :rolleyes:

Door hinges have been a problem since I have never done anything like this before. Why do they have to open anyway? :P

DSCN4306_zps9a2ece23.jpg

DSCN4307_zpsc5dd7fd2.jpg

DSCN4308_zps08625153.jpg

DSCN4309_zps8d69be82.jpg

DSCN4311_zps22792dd7.jpg

DSCN4312_zps8e2566bc.jpg

To adjust the door slides on the pin as it opens to clear the rear door....The doors slide off easily for taking photos inside and painting. I can do the interior after the car is totally assembled or change it at will....

Very elegant,,,simple,,,easy,and foolproof......................................... ;)

Thanks to all those watching along and commenting on the build..................... :rolleyes:

The way I am building this car is far different from the previous as you can see. Now I am setting up the interior since it will be built in as I go. There is no "interior tub" but it is built like the real car. right into the structure as the car is built. Most things will be removable untill final assemble but they are build to fit the space I have. I am also thinking how the fiber optics will play into the interior. I know I want lights in the dash but do I want other interior lighting and where and how is that to be done.I do have some voids that I can run cable and I will have a lot under the floor, inside the firewall, in the roof panel. Do I want some floor lighting under the seats???or a dome light, or in the center pilars?....I am still working that out but have to be thinking about how it is going to be done. :huh:

DSCN4323_zpsbd467690.jpg

DSCN4324_zpsf0bff6e1.jpg

I enjoy hearing from those following along and hope that along the way I share some little thing you can use in your cars......Thanks for following along. B)

Finally got all the doors hinged and fitted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just have to fix the roll down windows :lol: (JK)......ordering the fiberoptics today for this one so I can start running lines to lights nd interior and dash.....if it works a few surprises there too..........................in the mean time I will be detailing it out more and getting lights ready, grill insert and finishing off the back.

DSCN4349_zpscd370c15.jpg

DSCN4350_zpsaad2628b.jpg

Thanks for watching.........