Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratching the surface,1936 Bentley Saloon

kennb

Wow! Can't wait to see that come into view. The hood looks great! I love old car and especially love MG's and Minis. I had a 1978 MGB Roadster that was Union Jack Blue. I miss that li'l car. It's Replacement a 1974 MGB GT jus' wasn't as much fun. LoL

Thank you both for the generous comments, sometimes i feel I do not make enuff progress for posting......also that I vear off the beaten path of the Bentley....but I feel it is all working to the ultimate goal of completing projects in the long run............ :P

First K3 in colour for the racing team......................................still need to do the fenders and engine but getting there....................

DSCN4770_zps62c7254b.jpg

DSCN4768_zps3d3129f3.jpg

NEEDS TO BE SANDED AND A FEW MORE COATS OF CLEAR

Thanks for following along with me........................ ;)

Today I started the preliminary masters for a new project that will be worked in the future,,,,,,,his is the first master of one of the wheels,,,,,,,,,and rims. :)

I have not done much else in the last few days.

DSCN4779_zps6d7a2df1.jpg

For those wondering,,,,,I have a pile of things in the paint shop so in waiting for them I diverged again into new territory....the previous projects will get done but paint drying has it own schedual.....so I will post a little of what I have been working on this week...Mind you this is about 1/14th scale,,,,,,roughly.......The first picture has a ruller so you can get an idea of the size.....

DSCN4780_zpsee86023d.jpg

DSCN4782_zps389fa173.jpg

DSCN4784_zps89ed54a2.jpg

DSCN4785_zpsadeb9062.jpg

For those following on the large scale site....It is a double post...

Thanks to all my followers and those tagging along for the ride,,,bumpy as it is.......... :rolleyes:

comments are always welcome

As you know I have again wandered off the subject and immersed myself in yet another K3.... a quick up date.(this is 1/14th scale)

I have been working on the engine and front end architecture. The engine is slowly coming together along with the sheet metal and louvered hood. Obviously all the louvers are hand cut and lack sophistication of the real thing but they give the correct appearance for this model.
DSCN4825_zpse6cbb049.jpg

DSCN4826_zps15fb7ba4.jpg

The hoods for these are always a challenge to get them right in plastic and I need a little filler to clean it up along with some fitting. This will be done as the sides of the hood are placed.

DSCN4827_zpsa7a573ba.jpg

Kenn

• 3 months later...

Finally got some time and inspiration to get back to the Bently and get some colour on it......still have a long ways to go but getting there,,,,,,,,,,,The body, hood, and fenders are final colour,,,,still have the doors to sand and recoat,,,and the chassis,..more coming.

post-8184-0-68378300-1381183859_thumb.jp

post-8184-0-97134300-1381183871_thumb.jp

post-8184-0-04012600-1381183882_thumb.jp