Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 2010 Shelby GT500 "Super Snake" COMPLETED in Under Glass

Kennyboy

Fresh paint done, 4 coats of clear wetsanded between each coat. Base coat is Perfect Match GM dark blue metallic decanted and airbrushed with HOK Majik Blue Pearl over it. Looks like a good representation of Kona Blue. Next will be the white stripes, then the satin black trim at the bottom.

P1010595_zpsaf2619cc.jpg

P1010594_zps4ff2197b.jpg

P1010593_zps149e5e13.jpg

P1010592_zps9fa00b2b.jpg

Drooling over here, now you can just send that right over to my house after your done. That is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

:lol: Thanks Joshua. I think I'll keep it though. ;) Coming close to the finish line with it.

that looks really good. the front splitter and rockers are carbon fiber. the rear piece is stock satin black. nice to see you are going to do the optional white stripe. for 2013 you can choose black,white,silver,red or blue for the stripe.

Thanks Fred. Been debating if I want to try to wrap the sides and splitter in carbon.....I do have some 1/12 twill weave. Hmmmm

Wow, that paint came out awesome, I don't think you could have picked a better color either.

Hey thanks Josh. As far as I was concerned, Kona blue was my only choice of colors.

I think you should try it. Hammer it home! I never liked how they didn't do the rear in carbon there is a kit to do it for the 07-9 cars like mine but it's expensive and Shelby didn't put it there so I won't touch it. Lol

I just might have to Fred. I am going to let the paint dry for another day or two before doing anything else with the body though. Gotta compound and wax next (oh can forget the satin black trim around windows too. Darn, still got plenty to do.)

You would think with this kit being popular Testors would have come out with the Kona blue paint. I too have the kit and wanted to paint it kona blue but did not want to spend over 100$ to get the automotive paint mixed and put into a spray can. I settled on the tamiya mica blue.

Hey guys, got the first piece compounded and waxed.....the hood. Update, the stripe decals really did not want to work with me so darn it this car will not have them. I am unable to paint them now that I have put about 5 coats of carnauba wax on the hood. Really upset about that. :angry:

Anyways, here are some pics of the hood after wetsand, compound, and wax.

P1010609_zpsb21f20fa.jpg

P1010604_zpseafbf19f.jpg

P1010602_zps542bd53e.jpg

P1010599_zpsc2f9b136.jpg