Model Cars Magazine Forum

Competition Resins' 'Bodies'

I've built three or four models with Comp Resin bodies and everything I've ever bought from Roger is of the highest quality. He is also very prompt when it comes to shipping. The fiat pictured is one of his bodies and I'm currently working on a project built around his '71 Challenger P/S. Included with my Challenger body was a sheet of clear plastic for making windows but you can also use windows from an appropriate donor kit as somebody has already mentioned.

FiatDigger030.jpg

Edited by Burnout

Has anyone built the Comp Resins' Pinto Pro Stock kit?

I'm curious what chassis to use?

Without a '70s MPC Pinto being readily available, I'd say the reissue of the MPC '70s Mustang II Pro Stock from a few years ago ('Fire Fighter') would be the place to start, shortening the chassis...

Without a '70s MPC Pinto being readily available, I'd say the reissue of the MPC '70s Mustang II Pro Stock from a few years ago ('Fire Fighter') would be the place to start, shortening the chassis...

Would the MPC Firefighter kit's windshields fit a Pinto?

Michael,

Thank you for the compliment. No, the chassis is the roadster from the Tony Nancy double dragster kit.

I would have preferred to show you one of the comp resin 'doorslammer' bodies but my pics are not accessable. KB

I am building a 71 Demon Pro Stocker now.

Very nice casting.

I use clear .010 evergreen styrene and glue it in with devcon 5 min epoxy for all my windows for resin bodies.

Cut it to fit and glue one side than the other.

Do you have a picture showing the window glued in?