Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Falcon awb

A.C., that is one very nice looking Falcon! A real cool race car too, back in the day. I always liked Falcon A/FX cars.

OK, where did you get the Hilborn manifold for a SOHC engine? Adapted from another kit or did it come with this Falcon kit?

I have one for a 426 Hemi from Comp Resins, nice piece. It almost fits the Revell 427 Ford motor, and with just a little filler it would work. I have a SOHC motor that I would like to have a Hilborn setup for it? What did you do?

Very nice model!

Michael

Edited by 10thumbs

hi Michael, thanks for your comments, appreciate that very much. well, surprisingly enough all the injection pieces,,,other than the fuel block and lines, are all included in this kit. once the blobs of chrome are stripped away, then cleaned up and fitted properly, you end up with a decent set up once painted and such. for a kit that's pushing the big 5-O in years, it builds a simple yet really neat a/fx'er. I think a lot of parts in many kits are dismissed quickly for many of us to buy something aftermarket, yet with some work and final detail, look just fine in the end result. other than decals, this car is box stock. hope this answers your questions.....the ace...... :lol:

Ace, great build. What color/kind of paint did you use on the frame? It looks great. Also, did you use plastic strips to make the gas tank brace? That too looks great!

Michael, you can get a Hilborn manifold for the 'Cammer from Arrowhead Aluminum on ebay. It comes with aluminum injector stacks, they offer different sizes. The first one I got from them had a defect, but, they sent out another one immediately at no charge that was perfect. I'm very happy with it.

hi gene and thanks for your comments, the underside is sprayed with Tamiya light gunmetal,,,from about 15 inches back. that way it has a nice sheen, but not a polished ultra shine look. I use it on various hardware for engines, chassis parts, etc,,as it dries fast, and if used with testors dullcote , you can achive some nice effects. as for the moon tank, its the one in the kit,,but the tray is just plastic sheet that it rests upon,,and the support straps are just K-S brand metal strips just shaped and bent to fit....easy to work with, cheap, and strong too. zap or epoxy clings perfect to it as well. thanks for your interest, gene..the ace...... ;)

gene, they are 0.15 by 0.60 brass flatbar...but aluminum will do also. that size is off the package header, so your local shop should be able to get them if they have no stock. worst case scenario, I have more than I will ever use, so let me know if you want some, I can mail some out. just a thought.....the ace......... ^_^

Awsome Ace thanks! I'll contact my LHS tomorrow. I'm still working on the '65 Mustang Funny Car and dig this,....... The kit didn't come with the dumps/collectors for the headers, so , I contacted Round2 about two weeks ago and they said they thought they could find them. Well I thought they had blown me off, so , today I was thinking about telling them so, and , whammy there's an email from CS saying they had some and that they would contact me in a couple of days so they could mail them out! I'm impressed.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

thanks to you, Billy, for your kind remarks. just hope I can keep motivated to build something, as my work bench has been void of much action lately. comments such as yours make it easier to get things going again......best regards, the ace... ;)

• 1 year later...