Model Cars Magazine Forum

CLASS OF '58

Ramfins59

Several Forum members have requested that I show pictures of all of the 1958 models that I have built in a group. Forgive me if this bores some of you, but I just wanted to try to do what I was asked to do.

So far, I have built the following;

'58 Buick Roadmaster Convertible (Stock).

" Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz (Stock).

" Chevrolet Impala (Mild Custom).

" Chevrolet Pro Street Sedan Delivery.

" Ford Edsel Pacer (Mild Custom).

" Ford Fairlane Convertible (Mild Custom).

" Plymouth Belvedere (Stock).

Please excuse the lousy background, but I still haven't gotten around to getting a piece of white poster board (we used to call it Oaktag years ago) and all I could come up with was an old, stained, white towel. I had trouble getting all of the models in the picture without it being too out of focus, using my HP, 5 MP, Digital camera.

Here's my "Class of '58" so far. More will be added as I buy and complete them, along with all the other great cars from the 1950's.

Thanks a lot for looking at my "small graduating class".

CLASSOF5851024x763_zps04da92bc.jpg

CLASSOF5821024x759_zpsad0000da.jpg

CLASSOF5811024x759_zps18e3d3d8.jpg

CLASSOF5841024x763_zps6b6260c6.jpg

CLASSOF5831024x718_zpsf8a9017a.jpg

OK Todd and Ray, here are a couple of pictures of the '58 Chevy Sedan Delivery. I used the front of the AMT '58 Impala chassis mated to the rear of the Pro Street Super Bee chassis. The engine is from an AMT engine parts pack, with a lot of extra details added in the engine room. The body is an old All American resin body with the custom front and rear pans from the Impala kit. The grille is a photo-etched piece from now defunct Accu-Pro. The color is Candy Apple Red but I don't remember what paint I used.

58CHEVYSEDANDELIVERYPROSTREET.jpg

58CHEVYSEDANDELIVERYPROSTREETREARVIEW.jp

58CHEVYSEDANDELIVERYPROSTREETENGINE.jpg

This was my one and only attempt at trying to build a Pro Street car. I had fun doing it.

Thanks very much again everyone. Glad you also liked the old Pro Street build.

Bruce, I guess all the cars were called "4 eyes" back then... LOL.

Bob, I can lend you my glasses if you need them to see the towel..!! LOL.

Chris, I don't know about the "skilled" thing. I just use a lot of patience and good reference pictures to try to get the details right. Being neat and clean with the glue helps a lot too.