Model Cars Magazine Forum

Central Florida: Calling All Central Florida Area Modelers

To anyone interested:

Several of us modelers located in the Central Florida Region have been discussing the possibility of starting a local Model Car Club that would meet in the Orlando area. At this time we would like to gauge the interest of other modelers in the area to see if there would be enough interest from the local modeler to justify a new Model Car Club in this region. The club's focus would be on all things automotive including cars, trucks, bikes, street rod, classics, racing of all types, etc... We would welcome all ages and all skill levels and our focus would be on sharing knowledge, sharing our work - finished and in progress projects, bench racing and generally having fun (mostly having fun) talking about models and real cars and racing in a non-competitive environment.

The overall goal of the club will be to create an environment where us automotive modelers can share and enjoy our hobby with other automotive modelers, simple as that!

The purpose of this post is to see how many people might be interested.

In order to keep the size of this post under control and topic of this post focused on it's intent I would like to ask all forum members that may be interested in the club to reply in this post letting us know you're interested but then direct any questions or concerns to us through the email links provided below.

You can email us at:

ericcole_731@hotmail.com (Eric Cole)

caddguy025@netscape.net (Matt Wadlinger)

scrappyj1@aol.com (Dirk Joseph)

Anyone of us will be happy to answer any of your questions.

Thanks,

Eric, Matt and Dirk

Hi.....My nameis Miguel Barbosa , I am from Puerto Rico , but I travel two times a month to Orlando .My apt is at Columbia Drive ,Kissimmee. I mostly build auto Dioramas and some Sci-Fi . I also participate in several events in Florida ,my last one in Florida was at the Fairgrounds IPMS in the month of may. I will be at Tampa for the weekend of oct. 13-14 for the N.S.R.A. Scale model contest , if you are near , we can talk about the great idea of a local Model Car Club in Orlando . Have you ever been at Scale Model Table Top event from Good Guys Club at Old Town, Kissimmee ?...You can count on me for the local club........Be Happy..........Barbo.

Hi.....My nameis Miguel Barbosa , I am from Puerto Rico , but I travel two times a month to Orlando .My apt is at Columbia Drive ,Kissimmee. I mostly build auto Dioramas and some Sci-Fi . I also participate in several events in Florida ,my last one in Florida was at the Fairgrounds IPMS in the month of may. I will be at Tampa for the weekend of oct. 13-14 for the N.S.R.A. Scale model contest , if you are near , we can talk about the great idea of a local Model Car Club in Orlando . Have you ever been at Scale Model Table Top event from Good Guys Club at Old Town, Kissimmee ?...You can count on me for the local club........Be Happy..........Barbo.

Thank you for you interest Barbo. I will also be at the Tampa street rods show. Along with Dirk mentioned above. We will discuss the details then.

• 2 weeks later...