Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just for fun. Got any cool old pictures of drag cars. Post them up.

gtx6970

Ok, Yes I was bored this morning waiting for the shop to warm up. So I was rummaging thru my pictures files doing some sorting and organizing when I stumbled on this.

I have NO idea when or where I got it or who took it. But it's marked Chicago Auto Show - 1973 .

But I thought it was pretty cool and a venue one normally doesn't see AA/FC cars in back then.

ChicagoAutoShow-1973.jpg

Here are over 400 pages of Junior Stockers on The H.A.M.B. It should take a while to go through that whole thread, but it is very cool. I've been planning many Jr Stocker projects while going through that Topic, and I already have one '58 Chevy Sedan Delivery body waiting..... B)http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201085

I have some of Mika's pictures from Bakersfield Nostalgic Drag Races from the '90s.... We just don't know how to scan them. :lol:

Your better than I did, I've gone thru about 450-500 pages so far in the past 6 months or so And I've got hours on hours in it. Yet I keep going back for more.

Probably one of the best threads ever . I think I've about wore out the right click save option on my pc

my thoughts are just some pictures YOU think are just neat. Maybe it's a shot where you got to sit in the seat of your favorite car or driver when you were a kid, Or like I posted . A shot showing vintage drag cars in an arena you typically didn't see them ( indoor car show )

pick your favorites and post away.

heres a few of mine

In the pits between rounds and any spectator can just walk up to see there favorites , all up close and personal.

Pits-1970.jpg

Or a picture thats makes you wish you were there. ( maybe you were )

Lindedup.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures of Knafel Pontiac's Tin Indians, from the early 60's into the early 70's? I would like to build them and need pictures and decals. They ran Catalina's, GTO's, Firebirds and a Canadian Pontiac (like the Nova 66 or 67). Thanks fer any help. :) Dan

Edited by 59 Impala

• 2 weeks later...

dadsrailin19792.jpg

Would this count? My dad and his rail circa 1977. He still owns the car today; it started life as a 120" Chassis Research/Logghe Stamping car in 1964 and was lengthened to 150" in 1965. Spent some time being powered by a Blown Nitro Olds and was called 'The Glass Chariot' before dad bought it as a roller in 1975.