Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sock it to me 62 corvette gasser

hello everyone, thought maybe some of you may like to see the newly released amt sock it to me vette built....and built quickly. two weeks made this a fast but fun project. any comments or questions are certainly welcome. thanks for looking. a.c. the ace.

post-11768-0-65219100-1365103780_thumb.jpost-11768-0-86430200-1365103747_thumb.jpost-11768-0-02953900-1365103663_thumb.jpost-11768-0-67472000-1365103645_thumb.jpost-11768-0-48036300-1365103629_thumb.j

Edited by AC Norton
pics

• 1 year later...

Nice job on a pretty primitive kit.

I picked up one of these at a clearance sale and was less than impressed with the poor scaling of the nose details, but then again, it's exactly the same as it was when first released 100 years ago. I've got some non-blobular gluebomb C1 chassis, and my build of this will most likely be a modified sports gas-class car as well, but with a flip nose with molded-in details.

Yours looks great though.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

That old AMT '62 Vette is a truly wretched kit due mainly to the severely undersized headlights (and I've earned the right to say that, having wrestled one into submission just a couple years ago). That said, I was severely tempted to buy one of them in the orange flake just 'cause it's so cool. I'm glad YOU did--you did a really nice job with the thing, and I'll bet you even had a certain amount of fun along the way. Well done and model on!

Good job Ace - not being familiar with the kit other than a passing glance in the hobby store due to the twin blower, am I to understand this comes with some pre-molded form of metallic orange? What an excellent idea for a break in models with intense detailing and styrene building involved. Congrats! BTW, any idea how many diff. colors this came pre-molded in and what they were?

hi Mitchell, actually, they come moulded in white,,,but as a collector gimmick, amt has made 1 in 12 the metallic orange as I show. if you are lucky enough to pop one open that's the orange, you have one that is considered a bit rare, I suppose, but I think sticking with a common white one is the way to go for building. I bought 3 the same day at a shop run by a friend, and luckily got the orange one opening the last one. chances are that you will get a white one if you buy one,,,,,but you may get lucky......best, the ace........... ^_^

Good job Ace - not being familiar with the kit other than a passing glance in the hobby store due to the twin blower, am I to understand this comes with some pre-molded form of metallic orange? What an excellent idea for a break in models with intense detailing and styrene building involved. Congrats! BTW, any idea how many diff. colors this came pre-molded in and what they were?

It might be in metallic orange. 1 kit per case, you don't know what you've got until you open it, you've got a 1 in 12 chance of getting the orange one. Regular kits are white.

Ace beat me to it!!

Edited by Brett Barrow