Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Pro Stock Pinto Color?

crowe-t

Ron, that's orange!  

I chose Rangoon Red since it's a factory Ford color for the Dyno Don Pinto.  Rangoon Red was also used on various NASCAR's back in the day so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the color Dyno Don used on his Pinto.

Ron, that's orange!  

I chose Rangoon Red since it's a factory Ford color for the Dyno Don Pinto.  Rangoon Red was also used on various NASCAR's back in the day so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the color Dyno Don used on his Pinto.

It SURE looks like orange to me as well........................................................

I am no expert....but it looks to me like the Pinto is Red...The Maverick likes like the same red only the the space between the white side striping looks like it might be the coral red.   Could just be the way it is in the photo..But I though (The Maverick) had two different reds

• 1 month later...

the color of his 1965 cyclone was ford Rangoon red.dyno dons 1966 caliente {not a cyclone} car started as competition orange but was wrecked in his first appearance.the new body was painted ford emberglo. the 1967 cyclone  started out Rangoon red.the maverick and pinto appear to be Rangoon red also.this red has a orange look to it but not as pronounced as poppy red.this info was verified by a gentleman who built a clone of dynos 1965 car.the use of the same color is not unusual considering driver superstition and good luck tendencies.

Walt, I looked at a lot of pictures of Dyno Don's cars and also came to the conclusion the Pinto was Rangoon Red.  I'll be using Rangoon Red on a Dyno Don Pinto build.  It's a great color and as you said it has a slight hint of orange but not at all like Poppy Red.  Rangoon Red is red.