Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you think of the 2015 Mustang?

You do know that is not a final production version, and yes, this is the styling that Ford has been considering going with for the 2015 Mustang, will it look like this, maybe, but all the images of the "2015" Mustang on the interwebs are renderings of that the production version will look like , what is in the picture is a concept design

I believe the grill and headlight treatment is a part of Fords, "one Ford policy"

Ford has not officaly revealed the 2015 Mustang, this is a rendering

Edited by martinfan5

I like it so far. Change the front end a little so the headlights are "taller" and the grill a bit more "square", add some sort of scoop like depression to the sides, and reshape the fenders and quarters to have a slightly raised "edge" ala C-6&7 Vette's and it would be more Mustang like without looking like yet another rehash of the '64.5-'69 Mustang.

I'd rather see an original crazy design from GM and Ford. Rehashed 5+ year old Aston and Ferrari designs are not cool. Might asgo well be a Lambo body kit onit a Fiero. Retro is still very much alive, I don't know why they wouldn't capitalize on that with an even more retro look for the next gen. People looking for a European supercar are not going to buy a US knockoff, and people who want an American pony car don't know want wannabe European styling.

I would like to speculate that it will look better than that rendering. I know the design has to grow and evolve as retro is faddish and after a while passe', but I think the car should retain some of the DNA and design lineage like those that went before it. To be fair though the S-197 2010 redesign took some getting used too. Ford needs this one to be a grand slam like the 2005 car was, and they need to leave the doors open for modification and personalization as the Mustang is one of the most popular platforms for gear heads.

That’s just one of the speculations floating out there. Here’s a couple more:

2015-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-concept-.jpg

167800d1354855737-s550-2014-5-2015-musta

Stay tuned I’d say. Although the scuttlebutt is that the retro look is out and both Chevy and Ford will update their Pony Cars to more modern looks. I can’t believe they won’t leave in some nostalgia clues to celebrate the heritage.

That is a nice looking car, but definitely not the right direction for a Mustang. The current mustangs have an awesome, aggressive look to them, and all this reminds me of is a turtle. I honestly think ford will really miss the mark if they put this car out.