Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you think of the 2015 Mustang?

Not that I don't like 'em, but I'd guess the green and blue studies still look too much like the current car.

Then again, allfordmustangs.com sent out this link, and there are some pretty heritage-looking touches in these purported clays:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/03/2015-ford-mustang-clay-models-reveal-fastback-design.html

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Not that I don't like 'em, but I'd guess the green and blue studies still look too much like the current car.

But that's a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say! :lol:

Well, to me it is, at least. I like the current retro styling and would hate to see a new Mustang that looks completely un-Mustangish. To me, that green rendering has the perfect blend of new styling and "heritage" design cues.

I do hope Ford ditches the whole 'retro' thing they have going with the Mustang. Not that the current cars are unattractive or anything, but I'd rather see the Mustang lead the styling of Ford's line, not be a reflection of what it was 50 years ago.

Blasphemer!

Heretic!

Madman!

Oh wait, you already knew you were a madman... :lol:

BTW... as you creep up to your 10,000th post, we'll have to have some sort of appropriate acknowledgement of that illustrious occasion. Hmmm, what to do, what to do... ^_^

Well, seeing that he's a heretic and blasphemer, I figure a good old-fashioned stoning or burning at the stake could be in order. ^_^

Unless, of course we'd like him to hang around which is probably more likely! :)

What do I think of a new Mustang?

Nothing. Nothing at all. It never even pops into my head, unless someone shoves it in front me, close enough that I can't immediately dart my attention past it. :P

New car suck. They should just go back to making old ones. ;)

What do I think of a new Mustang?

Nothing. Nothing at all. It never even pops into my head, unless someone shoves it in front me, close enough that I can't immediately dart my attention past it. :P

New car suck. They should just go back to making old ones. ;)

Yep, everything new sucks, it should still be the 1950s :huh:

I can not believe four pages talking about a Photoshopped image :rolleyes: , why dont you guys wait to pass judgment on the 2015 Mustang when its officially released ?

Edited by martinfan5

I can not believe four pages talking about a Photoshopped image :rolleyes: , why dont you guys wait to pass judgment on the 2015 Mustang when its officially released ?

I believe many of them don't realize it's just a photoshopped image and assume it's for real.

Not only is it a Photoshopped image... it's not even a Mustang! It's an Aston Martin! :lol:

Yes, it's obvious looking at it that it's an Aston Martin w/ maybe the Ford Evos concept nose photoshopped on. It's amazing how gullible people are to think it is actually the 2015 Mustang.

Edited by Rob Hall

Like so many things today, it looks non-American!

So did the original 1960's Mustang- it's styling was more or less ripped off from European GT cues... long hood, short deck, 'blade' bumpers, etc.. It worked then, I don't see why it won't work now.

(PS- Harry- this should be my 10,000th post, so I figured I'd at least try to put it to some use. B) )

So did the original 1960's Mustang- it's styling was more or less ripped off from European GT cues... long hood, short deck, 'blade' bumpers, etc.. It worked then, I don't see why it won't work now.

(PS- Harry- this should be my 10,000th post, so I figured I'd at least try to put it to some use. B) )

WooHoo! 10,000! Ohanas Maximus!

Where's the balloon drop?

I believe many of them don't realize it's just a photoshopped image and assume it's for real.

Well Rob, that tells me two things, one, almost everyone that has posted in this thread only looks at the pictures, and does not read any of the replies,

I say that because I have posted how many times its a fake pic,so has Harry, I think you did too

Edited by martinfan5

Just to stir things up here is a rendering. It is NOT an official rendering. Just to see who only looks at the pic :)

2015-Ford-Mustang1.jpg

I kinda like it, at least up to the doors. From the doors back I'm not feelin it at all

Joe, I am with you, the rear end, yeah, not so much