Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

paints

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hello there, just wondering if any one has used boyds grape pearl spray paint? if any one has what did you think?

Posted · Report post

I've used it, the color is nice but I didn't get good results from the rattle can. I decanted it and added a little lacquer thinner and shot it through the airbrush and it turned out way better

Posted · Report post

I've used it, the color is nice but I didn't get good results from the rattle can. I decanted it and added a little lacquer thinner and shot it through the airbrush and it turned out way better

Rich, any chance you could post up a pic of your work with this paint? I'd like to see how it turned out, too.

Posted · Report post

Sure ill post as soon as I get home today. Don't have any pictures of that build on my phone.

Posted · Report post

yeah! id like to see some to.

Posted · Report post

This is grape pearl with blue pearl ex in the clear. The pearl ex changed the color but not much.

0B13D3CB-89E0-407C-BD1D-0479F9EC5045-196

69E1B54E-66E0-4C6E-B12D-AE09B7C9D239-196

79E620B4-A0CC-4C9A-9901-8EC4BF9A34E9-196

Posted · Report post

Rich, thanks for taking the time to do that. Was this shot over bare plastic? Primer? Silver/gold undercoat? I love the Boyd's colors, but I've noticed the overall color can often be affected by what they're sprayed over.

That '57's gonna be nice!

Posted · Report post

No problem Monty anytime thanks for the compliment :) this was shot over testors aluminum metalizer I'm pretty sure (sorry I painted this awhile ago) if you don't have donn yosts DVD yet definitely pick it up. I've been using his method of painting and it's been giving me great results.