Model Cars Magazine Forum

Decals avail - Charlie Allen and/or Gene Snow 1968 cars ?

gtx6970

I have a resin 1968 Dart funnycar body I want to do something with at some point in the not so distant future

But does anyone know if the decals to do Charlie Allens Blue cars ? ,,,,,,either the 1968 Funnycar or the SS car car. Which was the Atlantic Dodge Dealers sponsored car.( also lettered in the Crenshaw Dodge lettering )

This would be the blue and silver version . Not the red and silver 1969 car

I might be able to make do with the slixx sheet to do the 1968 SS car but the Funnycar is all by itself.

Or

my preference , Gene Snows 1968 Dart AA/FC.

Rambunctious-DartAAFC.jpg

charlieAllen68Dart3.jpg

AllenCharlie1968aafc.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Chuck, You just made my day. :D

That car ran with 2 different quarter panel sponsers . Atlantic Dodge Dealers and Crenshaw Dodge. ( not sure which one replaced the other ) but I would be good with either one ,

OR

better yet do it blank and make the quarter panel lettering a seperate decals that way the same sheet could be used to do the SS car

But every pic i've seen of the SS car it was Saddelback Dodge lettering

Bill, thanks for asking that question.

Chuck, thanks for chiming in. If you're doing the blue F/C decals, I'll take a set or 2. I have wheels and stuff enroute from Micro Nitro for that project.

However, since I am both twisted and warped, I'll be using the Chi Town Hustler chassis. Already checked it for fit. Should be do able.

• 8 months later...

Yep, the text color and layout is different between the red versus blue cars( blue is 1968 - red is 1969 cars )

Alan when they're ready, pm me I'll take a sheet to do either the AA/FC or the SS car ( actually prefer sheets to do both cars )

Any chance of the Gene Snow decals ? pretty please ......