Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Porsche 356C 2000GS Convertible

GeeBee

• 3 weeks later...

Since finishing the 48 Ford and the Beetle convertibles, I've managed to crack on with this one, really not a great deal to do now to gt this one finished

Chrome bumper overriders touched up with Molotow liquid chrome pen after the parts had been cut off the sprue and sanded smooth

Nearly ready for the display cabinet, a lot of the parts once cut from their parts tree needed touching up, or re-chroming completely, the Molotow liquid chrome pen has really come in so handy on this build, for some reason, the headlamp reflectors weren't chromed at all, again, liquid chrome to the rescue, the over riders on the bumpers, both front & rear were redone using the liquid chrome pen

Beauty. The color is perfect and your work is top notch... in fact, I've finally decided to get started on my 356 Speedster now that you're finishing your Cabrio. I just ordered one of those Molotow markers... any tips on using them?

don't try to use it like you are touching up a stone chip on a real car, instead you want to go over the item you want chromed, as wet as possible, it will self level, and leave to dry, at least overnight, remember, it's ink not paint.