Model Cars Magazine Forum

possible Re-issue

I thought I might share some info I recieved from revell today. I have been hounding them about the 1/25 scale auto transporter trailers and I recieved an email saying they would look into re-issuing them. If all us lovers of the semi kits would email them, we might get it re-issued.

I too would love to see it back. I have an Original, but need to replace Most of the tires. Dry-Rot!!!

Oh yea, I Never Finished it. I cut it apart and replaced all the ramp mounts with

Rectangle & Round Tube to make ALL upper ramps/decks Move!!

Wasn't Revell Germany doing this kit the last time around ?

Yep, it was maybe in 2006 or so, which was around the last time the Beall tanker was reissued too. These are pretty strong trailers too, the three cars on the bottom and the middle car on the top of mine are diecasts!

HPIM1526.jpg

SWEET been waiting for them.. sorry for what people want for them on evilbay.. is well crazy... I have 3 359 peterbilts waiting for them hehe

Know the feeling been bidding on them & stop my hi bids @ $60. found 1 that was built and unpainted and he still wanted $50. was gonna get it until I seen it was listed as a local pickup only, and he was in Dallas TX.

Ok heres an update..... Just got a reply email from this Ed Sexton along with talking to him on the phone. After our phone conversation its looking good for reissue if molds are in good enuff shape. I gave him forum links showing how much they were sought after, he agreed that it is a good to reissue if the molds are in good enuff shape.

I want one my shelby blue crew has grown too big for just one trailer and im not doing a roof ramp for my moebius lonestar. i have 3 cars that wont fit on the trailer and im looking to get a shelby daytona eventually do a what if foxbody gt500(even though i cant stand foxes) and take the 1.24 revell cobra putting revell 2008 gt500 parts in it and calling it a 1/25 modern cobra. that would be all 6 on the new trailer. so tell revell they got another buyer if they reproduce it.

What time period would this transport trailer be correct for new car deliveries?

Craig according to the representative from revell, new releases are in May & October every year. If it is reissued this year it will more than likely be in Oct.

Craig according to the representative from revell, new releases are in May & October every year. If it is reissued this year it will more than likely be in Oct.

dang ill be in college then. my funds will be focused towards staying afloat. maybe a christmas present then if it is released.

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What years would this transport been used for new car deliveries? (mid 50's, 60's, ect.) Thanks for the responce.

To answer Craig Irwin's question. This style of trailer would have come in around the early 80s. As the kit is though it probably would not have transported new vehicles as set up. I'm not sure what brand it represents or if it's generic but it doesn't represent a new car transporter. While a rerelease would be nice unfortunatley based on Revells history the price will be close to the century mark.

That would have been included in the Tractor kit Not the Trailer.

A generic Over the Cab section would have to be adjustable due to the fact that semi trucks come in

so many different Sizes!!!

Each brand is different

If you want the rack over the Cab, you have to Scratch-build it! (That way it will Fit correctly

since you will Scratch it ON the cab of choice

I think the Only Car carries to have the rack for over the Cab was an All-In-One set from Japan

Not sure if it was 1/48, 1/32 or 1/24 scale though.

I do know it was EXPENSIVE and Limited

Actualy, what I've got in mind would probaly have to be scratchbuilt. I was thinking of a mid 50's tractor and transport to put tri five Chevys on, like a load going into a dealership. I bet youv'e guessed I've never built a big truck before and know nothing about them.

Great news! :)

The kit was made by Revell US, back in 1983 to complete the Pete 359 & KW K100 Aero kits of 1982, no trailer brand ever mention.

Tought that the mold was with Revell AG, in germany, since the late 80's.

Last time i saw this kit available was in IMEX boxes back in the 90's

To clarify your statement, what the representative from Revell meant is that they release information about new and reissued kits in May and October.

It would be more likely that it will be announced at this Fall's iHobby show in October and slated for release in 2014. If the molds are in good shape without any major work needed, Revell could schedule this to be re-issued as soon as other projects are completed. Revell is known for their delays and like any other manufacturing company, if they have something else that is projected to be a better seller, that will be their first priority.

Actualy, what I've got in mind would probaly have to be scratchbuilt. I was thinking of a mid 50's tractor and transport to put tri five Chevys on, like a load going into a dealership. I bet youv'e guessed I've never built a big truck before and know nothing about them.

In that case the car carrier trailer AMT produced over the years would be a good start. It fits the time period you have in mind.