Model Cars Magazine Forum

my 1957 ford custom

freakshow12

photo91_zpsc63eaaae.jpgwell folks this was one of my quicker builds from jan-april. first build of 2013 and my first under glass here. many of you followed the WIP and it gave me the push to get it done. here is my blazing black, mini tubbed, cammer powered 57 ford. any comments welcome. thanks for looking.

Thank you very much. I will answer some questions. First, the cammer is made up of a thunderbolt block and trans. Front cover and intake is Ross Gibson resin. Heads and cam covers are Jo Han carbs are thunderbolt water pump and belts are also thunderbolt. Lots of small mods to all parts to get them to play nice. Carbs are thunderbolt and air cleaners are 427 cobra pieces. Had alot of questions about wheels, they are phantom Vickie pieces. Took a bit of work to get them to mount since rm uses those metal pins now. The rears took the most. New rear frame was made as well as moving springs inside the rails, lowering blocks and mini tubs. I tried to make it look like they just fit but without a lot of work they will not just fit this model