Model Cars Magazine Forum

LETS SEE THOSE CHEVY PICKUPS S-10/ SILVERADO LATE MODELS

Here you go.

ChefordUte001_zpse1851a28.jpg

I built this using the body from the AMT USA1 Monster Truck (I stuck the chassis under a Buick).

ChefordUte004_zpsbbb65358.jpg

Oh yeah. I didn't have an appropriate chassis so I used one (and the enigne) from a Monogram F250

ChefordUte010_zpsea3f5359.jpg

ChefordUte009_zps83c9ff65.jpg

My DD a '93 Cheyenne C1500 that I've had now for over a year, bought it with 182,287 KMS (113,089 MILES) and it's just now at 188,460 KMS (116,817 MILES), 305, 4L60E, 10 Bolt rear end with Limited Slip, A/C, Sliding rear window and the front Composite appearance package are among it's only options.

Day I bought him from the second owner (who bought it in '95 from the Dealership who used it for it's first 2 years)

GEDC1836.jpg

Exactly 1 year after I bought it. Weather was a little crappier (thats a water spot on the door from the camera lens)

GEDC5114_zps13fa376a.jpg

And this is what it looked like on Sunday after I washed it, every Sunday I wash it and wax it, since then I restored my headlights and turn signals.

GEDC5132_zpsb4324149.jpg

GEDC5131_zps0fb320c1.jpg

GEDC5130_zps4533da17.jpg

I've got Chevy floor mats now but interior is exactly the same.

GEDC1974-1.jpg

Engine bay.

GEDC2227.jpg

GEDC2228.jpg

I'll have to dig through and find photo's of all the C/K's I've built but this one's currently on the bench.

GEDC3877_zps203ef39f.jpg

GEDC3878_zps91e055c8.jpg

Nick

That's a good looking old truck Nick. Nice color too. The model of it is shaping up really nice as well. A guy I know down here has a '93 Chevy with the 350 in it that's pushing over 400,000 original miles. Original engine, never been rebuilt. Tranny has been rebuilt once, and rear end has been changed once. He tows a car trailer all over the place with it.

That's a good looking old truck Nick. Nice color too. The model of it is shaping up really nice as well. A guy I know down here has a '93 Chevy with the 350 in it that's pushing over 400,000 original miles. Original engine, never been rebuilt. Tranny has been rebuilt once, and rear end has been changed once. He tows a car trailer all over the place with it.

It's served me and the Plymouth Well, even on the coldest day it fires over with no problems, in the year I've had it it's barely needed anything and when it has it's been minor (new Serpentine belt & and alternator, the alternator was still charging but the rear bearing went, new-used tires that a friend had in his shed from his truck), There's a few things I'd like to replace and after I get my Toy on the road the old Cheyenne will receive all of my attention. I've used this truck to tow a car trailer a few times, I have a receiver hitch and installed helper springs in the rear shortly after I bought the truck, in the photo's above I have my receiver off for some clean up and a coat of paint, gotta throw it back on next week, need to haul my toy to the body shop. If you maintain them, they last, it's a simple concept that I see many people who bring me their cars, who clearly don't understand that.

My grandfather had a '86 Custom Deluxe 30 that had the 350 in it, it ran to 650,000 miles before it was involved in an accident and written off, my uncle also had a '92 Cheyenne with the same 305 my truck has (his truck was basically the same truck, other than his exterior was red/gold two-tone and his truck had the 700R4) that truck ran to 500,000 kms on the original engine then blew, we put a used engine with 250,000kms in it and it's still running no problems.

Nick