Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slung Under

James2

This will be an exercise in styrene imagineering. While waiting for some pieces to finish the Surf Rod I mocked this up and decided it would be pretty cool. The first thing I did was to flip the gas tank, I add a filler still. Instead of flipping the bags and shock mounts. I cut the center section free and flipped it, leaving the mounts intact and a stronger mount. The front axle is from a 33 Willy's kit, flipped of course. The body is a Revell 5-window chopped 3 1/2" (scale). I also cut up the Wild Bill's decal to fit much better. The engine is only for mock up. Thanks for the interest...

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

Edited by James2

can you post close up shots of the cut points please it gives me an idea for an upcoming build

Here is where I made the cuts. The tank glued right back in place with little sanding and I change the engine mount angle to gain clearance.

I also left the floor pan in place but now it is more of a belly pan. Thanks for looking and commenting!

31.jpg

32.jpg

And this is the what I'm working on. Trying to put the Catalina interior in the 32 is alot like trying to put 10 lbs. of sugar in a 5 lbs. bag.

34.jpg

James, you are a lunatic (read: creative genius). I'm not sure I'd want to drive it but it's looking very cool.

Your use of the modern Pontiac interior gives me an idea to solve a dilemma with a '39 Chevy I'm building.

Looking forward to more!

Getting ever closer to some paint. Made some tail lights from aluminium tube and red plastic. Not finished with the mounting but I kinda like the Tweety Pie grill.

A little more fitting and sanding and it'll be ready for primer.

41.jpg

43.jpg

46.jpg