Model Cars Magazine Forum

celica lb 2000gt

508boricua

hey guy's. here's my celica ra25,ra28 2000gt lb. it's from aoshima's vintage collection. it's rolling on xr-4 longchamp wheels. it has kei old school bucket seat's old school pioneer tower speakers on the rear deck that are resin made by my good friend Gerry. I made a straight pipe exaughst with aluminum tips. fabbed one of the rear link's cuz the kit had a poor design for one side. it's Tamiya mica blue. thru in a subway handle tow hook for period correct style.

donecelica020.jpg

donecelica012.jpg

donecelica014.jpg

donecelica011.jpg

donecelica004.jpg

donecelica013.jpg

donecelica003.jpg

Just an FYI, the "rear deck" is a roll out cargo cover on the real cars and not a fixed package tray. The rear speakers were mounted in recessed nooks to the outside of the rear seat passengers. The hard cover in the hard cover in the kit is probably a concession to motorization, but the blue paint looks great on the LB body style.

Nice build, but I gotta ask, what's the ring hanging from the back for?
Hey Robert that's a subway handle. It was sorta the cool thing to do, to use them as tow hooks. Frank is right about it being a japanese trend. Thanks man for your comment.

Just an FYI, the "rear deck" is a roll out cargo cover on the real cars and not a fixed package tray. The rear speakers were mounted in recessed nooks to the outside of the rear seat passengers. The hard cover in the hard cover in the kit is probably a concession to motorization, but the blue paint looks great on the LB body style.
I know what you mean but... I owned a 78 celica way back in the day and I had a plywood cover in place of the vinyl cover to mount my additional speakers in. Thanks, I was unsure about the color at first but I was happy how it turned out.