Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for everyone's opinion on a model kit.

I have a chance to buy this kit.....

d550bb5f9b0b2304db4bec513c3679af_zpsa37c

...for really cheap..

If heard good things, and I have heard bad things. If anyone has built this kit or seen one built, let me know what you think, as I don't want to spend my money on a junk kit. I plan on painting it Red, Green (if I can find the right shade) or light blue.

Thanks! Have you opened yours? I think I'm going to purchase it, as I really like the engine. I just save the engine for another build, but I don't know of any other 1:16 kits I want to build. Ha I just realized this topic has gone from general, to kit reviews, and now to Q&A.

If you like it you should get it soon, those were released in the "one run of fun" program, never to come back as the tooling was restored to re issue the petty charger. If you like Chargers, and 1/16th kits it is a great kit. I have several of them.

If you like it you should get it soon, those were released in the "one run of fun" program, never to come back as the tooling was restored to re issue the petty charger. If you like Chargers, and 1/16th kits it is a great kit. I have several of them.
So it is more valuable so to say, NIB? So should I keep it sealed for years down the road?

So it is more valuable so to say, NIB? So should I keep it sealed for years down the road?

Kurt's telling you that if you're interested in the street machine version (the picture you posted) you should grab it ASAP, as it will never be released in this form again. The molds were recently retooled at some expense, changing it (permanently, most likely) back into the Petty NASCAR race car.

Yes, it's possible that the kit may appreciate somewhat in value due to its rarity. OTOH, since there are far fewer 1/16 scale builders, demand may not be as great.

Don't plan your retirement around this kit's potential future value. Build the thing and be happy.

Kurt's telling you that if you're interested in the street machine version (the picture you posted) you should grab it ASAP, as it will never be released in this form again. The molds were recently retooled at some expense, changing it (permanently, most likely) back into the Petty NASCAR race car. Yes, it's possible that the kit may appreciate somewhat in value due to its rarity. OTOH, since there are far fewer 1/16 scale builders, demand may not be as great. Don't plan your retirement around this kit's potential future value. Build the thing and be happy.
Just purchased it! And I don't really build a specific scale. If I see a car I like, I build it!

I have been thinking about one as well. Anyone have some build pics of one? I'd like to have a look at the parts as they are going together. I looked in the big scale section and only saw one that was actually finished.

Well, looks like I will be able to answer my own questions as my wife saw my post and just got back from getting me one. Love you sweetie!!
Nice! I still have to finish the paint on my viper, and glue back on the wheel, and that's done, then build my impala, and THEN I can open the charger. Temptation to open it is going to be awful!