Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Camaro Z-28

jparsons1969

What's up guys. Just finished an AMT '67 Camaro this past weekend. Like most other AMTs there was an awful lot of excess flash from the molds on the plastic, so I found myself spending most of my time trimming the parts.

I chose to paint this one pearl silver because I haven't painted anything that color. Now I see why. Silver is a very unforgiving color for an inexperienced lunkhead like myself. I did do all the trim work in argent, but you really can't tell it against the silver. I like the way the silver and black play off of each other, but my airbrushing abilities are just not what they should be to make it look good.

Why is it that you don't see any '67 or '68 kits, only '69? I had to look really hard to find one. I got this one on ebay and I think its from the nineties. Thanks for looking.

post-9516-0-38498400-1365446177_thumb.jp

post-9516-0-42983700-1365446197_thumb.jp

hi john from a.c. in canada....your Z car looks neat,...silver paints are tough to work with and your piece is a nice factory example. i've built this kit a couple of times way back, and your car came out far nicer than mine did..keep up the good builds. regards,a.c.

For an old dog of a kit, you did a great job John, don't diminish your skills, that kit's tough to make look good.

And that is also the reason you don't see nearly as many '67 & '68 Camaro builds, they're both based off of this kit, while the Revell '69's are newer and much better tooling (On both the hardtop and Convertible). I'd love to see a new-tool '67 & '68 out of any company, I love a '68 Camaro, it's the best looking of the first generation IMO.