Model Cars Magazine Forum

project SUPER bee. a mean street car WIP* aug 24. DONE!

freakshow12

I didnt know what I should do next so I figured it might as well be a mean dodge. This one will be a mini tubbed, low, big power 440 six pack street brawler 69 super bee. all I can say is the interior, stripe and hood will bee black. color you will just have to see. I think I will want to take on dragfreaks hemi cuda out on the street with this one B)

photo97_zpsb4e3ea1e.jpg

photo98_zpsa454f455.jpg

photo99_zps0ecaa47d.jpg

Edited by freakshow12

Should be a great race!! Looks like a great start stance is sweet! and maybe gloss black or gunmetal would look good on there and one question, where did you find those deep convo pros? I've been looking for a set that are deeper than the revel nova has.

mini tubs coming nicely. suspension all sorted out interior headliner has paint on it. I spray it before body just cause its easier. now the 440 6 pack is going to get a little wilder. this one may need a chute lol. building some subframe connectors and cal trac bars this weekend. pics shortly

Well I made some progress. Mini tubs are done and primed, took out the battery and smoothed that side of engine bay. I may need the room over there for my procharger. I also hated the molded in washer tank so I smoothed that out and will use one from a 69 charger. Wiper motor looked weak so it's gone and a charger unit will go in

Underhood is all in primer. I can't paint till I get engine/ blower sorted out. Wheels should be here may 1st ish. Can't wait. I don't want to fiddle with suspension any more until the wheels/ tires come in case I have to make adjustments. Next is subframe connectors and cal trac bars along with a driveshaft loop

hood roughed in. it will be semi gloss black.

photo117_zps805798c4.jpg

mini tubs

photo124_zpsd70fabd9.jpg

top side that nobody sees

photo119_zpsf077e920.jpg

closer view. I am pretty happy. should fit a 325 drag radial pretty nice

photo123_zps124090ff.jpg

nicer dana 60 fits pretty nice

photo120_zpsdf62cd25.jpg

lots of room. I was using these and convo pros but stepping up to something way nicer

photo121_zps44a2917a.jpg

that one piece glass irritated me so I figured I might as well make use of it. I am adding styrene to the open spots. then I will add dome light and visors. should make a nice drop in part. I made the masks so I can spray it black once I texture it.

photo118_zpsf3700b9b.jpg

I took out the molded in battery. it will be in the trunk. I figured I may need the room as a procharger hangs off that side of the engine on a 440. I took the washer resivoir off too as it looks terrible. a clear charger piece will be installed as well as the wiper motor. this is a street car remember lol

photo122_zps84032781.jpg

well boys and girls, I have not got these in my hands just yet but Jim at micro Nitro was good enough to send me a teaser before he shipped them today. cant wait!!

photo134_zps8cc2a62e.jpg

Nice wheels! Ive got his centerlines and slots, he does great work.

thanks Mike, I cant wait to see them in person. I did a little tonight. with the boys playing lacrosse now (hockey just finished) I stay pretty busy lol. I sized up the cage, worked on that headliner idea and filled some ejector pin marks and sink holes on the chassis. I also filled in the notch for the brake booster as it will have manual brakes. I think I am going to take out the molded pedals and add the nicer unit from the charger kits.