Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Corvette

camaro73

Here is one that I have been messing with off and on. I figured I would try to throw this one together but really have not done that much with it yet. I have a hurt hand from an injury a few weeks ago so it is kinda hard to work on anything at the moment. I have had the Baldwin Motion Vette for a while but it was missing the body and the wheels and the motor. I found the rebel racer at Hobby Lobby for $7 and used it as a doner.

CAM00065_zps1837db90.jpg

CAM00068_zps9c271700.jpg

CAM00088_zps2e7582f5.jpg

CAM00091_zps1af6528b.jpg

CAM00092_zps11429575.jpg

CAM00098_zps9baab534.jpg

CAM00099_zpsc050a215.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brian, any chance you could give us a close-up of those rear tires? I don't recall Revell making a tire that wide. Are they straight out of the box or did you stick two tires together? (Revellogram tires seem to work well for this).

This will be a fun project to watch since I can't get enough of the C3 Corvettes,

Brian, any chance you could give us a close-up of those rear tires? I don't recall Revell making a tire that wide. Are they straight out of the box or did you stick two tires together? (Revellogram tires seem to work well for this).

This will be a fun project to watch since I can't get enough of the C3 Corvettes,

I don't know where those tires came from. They were in my spare parts box. As for a close up shot, my camera is not good enough for that. I will try to get one though.

I don't know where those tires came from. They were in my spare parts box. As for a close up shot, my camera is not good enough for that. I will try to get one though.

I'm not 100% sure but they look like the goodyears that come in the AMT '57 Chevy pro street kit.

Here are the best pics I could come up with.

CAM00124_zps9857ad6f.jpg

CAM00122_zps10c49410.jpg

Sweet build. You almost got this one knocked out. I just love these old vettes. I finally finished mine in Jan. If you are interested, you can check it out from the link at the bottom of this thread.

Keep up the good work..

Thanks!

I checked it out. WOW! You have done one heck of a job on that Vette. :o