Model Cars Magazine Forum

BOSS 429

Quick GMC

This is the first model I ever completed, which makes it one of two. I have a bunch of half finished models. Lot's of small problems on this one, like rubbing through the paint on some high areas.

Painted with Duplicolor enamel, then sanded to death and brought to a polish. I think I have a good 3 hours into sanding and polishing, if not more. I'm also better at taking pics now, so I apologize for the poor lighting.

oWRbKHH.jpg

U53aZsi.jpg

OzAeP4e.jpg

myZfIhv.jpg

e2wDTI4.jpg

RwYoJ7V.jpg

HfEIjjp.jpg

lXFygj0.jpg

Thank you. It's not my first, just the first one I forced myself to complete since I started building about 6 years ago. I struggle a lot with painting bodies and that's what has been keeping me, but I am getting it figured out now, so hopefully I will be able to crank out the ones I have almost done.

And the battery. Nice job on the paint.

IIRC, Ford had to ship these cars off to Kar Kraft, a subcontractor, to have the shock towers modified to accommodate the width of the Boss 429. Because of space considerations, the batteries were moved to the cars' trunks.