Model Cars Magazine Forum

FORD-T *WIP*

its-not-unusual

I started with Ford Street T Roadster from Monogram Ford T # 2741 for body , frame &

Rewell BMW Dixi # 7131 for wheels & fronttires. The backtires are AMT Firestones. It was very hard to make the inside diameter same as at the front. Inside I put an aluminum tube.

I took the idea from Street Rodder February 1999(O'Bannon Roadster). But I wanted to have my own look.

If You look carefully its easy to see where i cut original frame and made new parts from evergreen. As next I cut body in the middle and took out enough to make flush fit with frame. All aluminum parts I do myself on lathe as some hex nuts for suspension.

Round rod ends are some ship model parts...!? and hair pins are my own creation out of brass.

The engine was from parts box. As You can see, most of the parts are scratchbuild.

The color ist Ford Red (Sunred MMP/P1) and is very difficult for making pictures.The real color is very different, darker and more RED.

ford013a.JPG

ford015w.JPG

ford017w.JPG

Aleks