Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 FORD STATION WAGON - - FINISHED

Ramfins59

Well this thing just fell together once all the pieces were finished. The glass/headliner and interior went in with only a little persuasion. I added an antenna from my parts stash. After it all went together I cleaned off the smudges and fingerprints (Black shows EVERYTHING..!!)

57FORDWAGONFINISHED1024x763_zps9888a67f.

57FORDWAGONFINISHEDSIDE1024x746_zpsa8d6f

57FORDWAGONFINISHEDREAR1024x763_zpsfaa21

I was my usually crazy detail person self and added a bunch of stuff in the engine compartment. Besides detail painting the battery plate, I added PE terminals and cables. I "borrowed" a heater from a '57 Fairlane kit and mounted it on the firewall, then added heater hoses. A resin master cylinder was also added to the firewall with a brake line installed. Finally, I ran a line from the washer fluid container to the firewall. I don't know if my friend in MN will appreciate all the added details, but it made me feel good to do it for an old friend.

57FORDWAGONFINISHEDENGINE1024x763_zps15a

Now I have to decide whether I should ship it to him now, or bring it to the NNL East show in 10 days. Of course then I'll be travelling to NC and FL after that and probably won't be able to ship it until sometime in June. Hopefully Doug won't mind waiting that long to get it.

Thanks to all who look in on this. It was a fun and different kind of project for me as I had never worked on or modified a diecast model before. It was a good learning experience for me.

Jeff, I know... I know... I keep meaning to pick up some poster board (we used to call it Oaktag back in the stone age). My daughter will be picking up some for me when she visits the Dollar Store this week...... I promise..!!

Thank you Tom S., Tom G., and Carl.

Tom G., I was already bringing 8 models.... Geeze, it'll take me a half an hour just to set them all out and to fill out all the paperwork...!!! Yeah, I know... waah...waah...waah... And yeah, I'll have some cheese with that whine. LOL.

Edited by Ramfins59

Tom G., I was already bringing 8 models.... Geeze, it'll take me a half an hour just to set them all out and to fill out all the paperwork...!!! Yeah, I know... waah...waah...waah... And yeah, I'll have some cheese with that whine. LOL.

Hey Rich! Did you know that you can fill out your registration form on our website and print it out now? First year for that.

Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments everyone. I appreciate it very much.

Tom G. - I already printed and filled out the Registration Form... It's the individual sheets placed with the models that I'd love to be able to fill out in advance. It would save a bunch of time at the show... I just HATE doing paperwork at ANY model shows.

Mike L. - I'm glad I can give you some food for thought.

Tom G. - I already printed and filled out the Registration Form... It's the individual sheets placed with the models that I'd love to be able to fill out in advance. It would save a bunch of time at the show... I just HATE doing paperwork at ANY model shows.

Some guys have done theirs on sticker stock ahead of time. Pretty clever