Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Ford Police Replica..

FIREMODELMAN

Here is the '78 Ford from Missing Link Resin. I built this car for my father, who at the time drove the 78 Ford for the Fairfield Twp police dept. Here in southwestern Ohio. I gave it to him this past Christmas, in a shadow box, that had a photo of me next to the real car , Christmas day 1977. 35 years in the making. Thanks for looking,Dave.

100_2855-vi.jpg

100_2858-vi.jpg

100_2860-vi.jpg

100_2856-vi.jpg

Super nice '78 LTD , FireModelMan !

Were these LTD's equipped with ( 335 Series ) 351 / 400 or the ( 385 Series ) 429 / 460 ?

Thanks for the nice comments. They had 2 of these cars, bought from a surplus order from the Cleveland P.D. They had the 351's in them. Real TURDS according to my dad, didn't run worth a darn, for a police car anyway.

Nice model. Captured the beast quite well.

I once had to drive one of those reckless barges for a few weeks. I still don't know what I did wrong to deserve that punishment!

My dad felt the same way!

Thats cool and thoughtfull. I bet that was not cheep all told and well biult.

I might have to get that car for my mom, why, you ask, she had a 77 looked just like this one with a 351-w and her genius

son jumped it about 4ft of the ground on a dare over some steep rail road tracks. Well after puting the 3 hub caps back on changing the oil pan and a mirroior all in one day I got back home with the folks none the wiser. Jump fowered to 2 years a go when one of my frinds brought it up to my mom, boy was she mad and for two weeks, dad just laffed. Maybe this woold make it up to her. Oh by the way the car pulled heavily to the left after that, I think thats why she got rid of it. Boy she liked that car.

Thank you for the nice comments guy's. Price wise, I paid $73.00 for what I got. I only bought the car, which comes with interior ,glass ,bumpers, head and tail lights, and a set of the clear domes he offers for the twinsonic light bar. I did not buy the frame base for the light bar, so TOTAL cost might be a little higher. I would FOR SURE buy this again, for a resin kit it went together very well and had crisp lines. FYI, You will need the 70 Ford a donor kit, but I do think other Ford kits might work as well. Happy Modeling, Dave. :D

Very very nice.

I too drove one of these. Once. To tell the tuth, it was the only car I ever drove where I had to put the seat up a notch or two. I'm not that tall, but I normally drive with a seat all the way back. These were BIG whales.

G

Nice tribute for your Dad Dave and as always, a clean detailed build! I have seen others you built for him, have you replicated all of his patrol cars or just certain ones?

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming!

I've built 'most' of them. There were a few different 'brands' of cars he drove within the same department, that would be a long list to build, and since none of them are kitted, I just went with the most common. One I'd really like to do is a 74/75 Grand Torino, but I've never seen a four door, and I don't think I'd be able to convert a two door.

Thank you for all the nice compliments.

Nice and clean build. I am on my third Ford from that body style (the one I am pictured with on my avitar) and have loved them all. I have two Missing Link LTDs, one is being made into a '76 brougham I had while in tech school around 1998 and the other when I have the skills to make it into a Country Squire like mine.

• 8 months later...