Model Cars Magazine Forum

dodge van , comple makeover

well just didnt feel it and in the end sanded it down and sprayed it army matt khaki (from fosco)..

then with a soft brush drybrushed the whole body with dark brown to create depth and some filth like ...

its just the first set up , bumpers going to be chrome this time ..

like set first set up from here i'm going to play some more with washes and ...

1173883_346074162192167_1262242782_n.jpg

1173730_346074158858834_2034267651_n.jpg

changed the wheels from hub caps to chrome wheels with a bit of lip .. changed the spare tyre and made a larger crome cover on the wheel .. already liking it much better then my previous outcome , glad i re-did it ..

one thing i cracked the front window :( so i have to find either a suitable window or make a split window ?

7885_346877682111815_1069840913_n.jpg

1149072_346877678778482_1677943612_n.jpg

Very cool Richard! I like that you don't quit until you get the look you hoped to achieve. Truly an artist's eye!

The windshield in that kit is fairly fragile. I know I broke two of them trying to polish them!

I'm hoping that Round Two will bring this one back with a new stock grill.

thnx tom :)

and well the original grille was cut up .. i cant seem to find something that works ..

cant see that on this picture but there is a mesh grille inbetween the 2 bullets thats black now and there are holes with dept where i can place new headlight lenses ..

i kind of left that alone for now because maybe i will come up with a new insert above the chevy bumper ..

more work will follow :)

I just have to say I admire builders like you. You make me want to be a better builder knowing you made something so badass but just keep working it till you get it just right. I myself would of stopped a long time ago but I love what you keep doing. Can't wait to see the end result.

I just have to say I admire builders like you. You make me want to be a better builder knowing you made something so badass but just keep working it till you get it just right. I myself would of stopped a long time ago but I love what you keep doing. Can't wait to see the end result.

thnx jason :) well for me the build itself is 90% of the fun so i dont mind doing stuff over :)

already did a bit of work today and now the base is in a state i really like it myself the idea's are coming :)

used the rear grille like cover from a revell jaguar xj220 kit that covers the taillights on the jaguar and cut a few strips off and made it fit over the headlights ..

then made the flush top chrome and left the inside black and placed it in the front of the van ..

its the first time i really like the look in that area ..

then used the big rear wing of the jaguar xj220 and made it smaller and added a strip in the middle , reshaped the sides a bit and made a visor for the van ..

this really does a lot for the looks because the stock top window line made it look like it had a sad face :) (you know cars have a certain expression like a humans face ?) :)

now it looks much more badass

i just made the pics after giving the visor a base coat of chrome , thats needs a mild wash still to bring that to live a bit and make it match the rest better ..

the bullet things i had in the grille section i now placed on the round circles of the front bumper

1239550_347638042035779_2100994803_n.jpg

1231639_347638038702446_2013650855_n.jpg

1208727_347638052035778_665447274_n.jpg

what do you guys think should i put a truck horn (airhorn) on the roof or not ?? still in doubt

Edited by crazyrichard

Very cool.... Shame they don't/cant reissue the early to mid 70s Dodge vans...I loved them!!!!!! they were great kits!

Considering that we've seen period Ford and Chevy vans released recently, I can bet that we'll see this Dodge once again. The current owners, Round 2, no doubt understand that the last release used a joke of a grill, so no doubt they would have to do some work on the tool to give us a suitable stock grill once again. I'll bet we see it soon enough.