Just thought I'd show off what I got in the mail today...

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

IMAG0093.jpg

I bought the GTA and Berlinetta on eBay this week, and I found the Iroc-Z on an F-body forum. I also snagged a 1/8 Iroc-Z from eBay this week that should be here any day now. The Berlinetta, as far as I can tell, is minus the instruction booklet, decals and two wheels/tires...possibly more, but I don't have the instruction booklet to figure it out. The GTA and Iroc-Z are open but complete. The 1/8 Iroc-Z has been minimally started, but he said he disassembled what he had done and put the parts in bags, and he said it's complete as well. I got all 4 of these kits for about $260 shipped, so not bad at all!

Posted · Report post

do those go for high dollar amounts or normal 1/16 prices? I'd love to the IROC or Firebird.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know the 1/16 GTA usually sells for around $100, and the 1/16 Iroc-Z is really rare and desireable. The 1/8 Iroc-Z usually goes for $200 or so. Not sure how much the Berlinetta is really worth, but I got it cheap enough.

Edited by brodie_83

Posted · Report post

I don't understand why they don't release these kits again, unless the molds are gone or something.

Posted · Report post

probably because they take up to much shelfspace in stores...and large scale is harder to build 'nice'..

try painting an 1/8 flawless and then 1/24 scale...

Posted · Report post

Like X 3! :) For $260, you stole them! :lol:

Posted · Report post

Wow.

Posted · Report post

Cant wait to

See you build one of them

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking I'm going to build the Berlinetta like a "white trash" kinda car with Cragars, primer'd body, a hood scoop with no blower...something along those lines. I wanna made a modded car out of either the GTA or the Iroc-Z, but not sure which one yet. Might get a "TDR Innovations" engine treatment...we'll see what happens. I wanna build the 1/8 car first though.

Posted · Report post

i have the 1/8 65 Vette sitting around too..

i 've opened the box ,but since its an old kit it's little more than a large 1/24 scale kit...with lots of flash and moldlines

i hope the Iroc is better..

like to see a WIP on that one..myself will be tackling the 1/12 69 Camaro first..

Posted · Report post

well while I was fighting my transmission in the garage, one of these Iroc Z 1/16 slipped away. Final price was $41.00 :angry:

Posted · Report post

OUCH! That sucks dude...I paid $75 for mine. Bummer...