Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback Reference Pics

That Colorado Mustang is neat...looks early, like an '85 or so. I remember back in the late '90s-early '00s some silver 4th gen Camaros in use in Colorado. Don't think I ever saw an AZ DPS Mustang, but I was only out here for a few visits from '83-97.

Edited by Rob Hall

Ok, well that makes at least 4 kits I'll be needing now................................. :D Thanks Danno!

Anyone notice the hatchback CHP 'Stang next to the NHP car?

Danno, those were Whelan's attempt at non strobe bars. That's why thet stayed with strobes.....................

B)

G

Here is mine, I know I will break the bank with a few of these! Been waiting to build one and I almost purchased the resin version a few months ago, but now all I need to source now is the cowl hood, the SVO style steering wheel and the cobra rims that were on the SN-95 body cars that I know Revell made a few of, I cant wait! The first picture is when I first bought the car and the second is after I modded it a little. I had a over bore, tubular front clip with coil overs, Cervini 4" cowl, 3:73 gear, Steeda short shifter, and BBK long tubes. I wish I still had her, but I can have a model!

post-4670-0-69383400-1350932173_thumb.jp

post-4670-0-16913500-1350932196_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more eye candy for you Fox fans, courtesy again of my nephew, Chris. First, his completely restored '86 DPS coupe.

DPSsticker.jpg

And his 24K mile original '85 Dominator

85dom201.jpg

And his red '86 Dominator. You could say he takes his four-eye Foxes very seriously. His new toy is a '13 Gotta Have It Green Boss 302.

DOM03.jpg

• 5 months later...

I know who DaSilva is, Nick. I have been playing with the FOX chassis almost as long as you have been alive. Around here (Ohio) has the same problem, Terminal Tin Worm, caused by salting the roads in winter. Yet, we usually have 4-5 FOXes in the shop/garage a week that don't belong to any of the 4 of us doing this gig. I myself have 3 of them, 2 being rust-free Florida cars and one being an Ohio rust-bucket. One of the Florida shells will be hacked up for its clean sheetmetal to save the Ohio car (as it is one of less than 4,000 built) To add to that, Dayton Performance is where Ed and one of his crew came to look at/measure/get info on (the owner, Mike) a Nitrous 10.5W car. That is the car that the second release of this kit will be based on (supposedly the decals are very close to Mikes paintjob. I set that meeting up.

The car you have pictured looks like it might just be a fun car (going by the 4-point strut tower brace) and is still mostly stock. My 91GT was completely stock when I bought it (when it had 270,000 original miles on it), my 88 LX Coupe was a 4-holer when I got it. It was killed in a traffic accident two weeks after I V8 swapped it (old lady in a Vickie).

Timing........Revell (Ed himself) had stated late April as the release time, so May isn't too far off from that.

Here's what I need...

On the bottom of the LX front bumper there are 4 "egg" shaped holes I need the dimensions of these holes.

Pictures would be great too!

I had the dimensions, but now I can't find them. I may have even thrown them out, as originally I was not going to extend the front bumper that far.

Well, now I would like to, but can't seem to get the dimensions quite right....

100_2749.jpg

104_3015.jpg