Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback Reference Pics

Don't sweat it Nick, I will have him covered Sunday.

Glad you can help, wish I could have, Customer was happy to have the 'Stang back.

I know who DaSilva is, Nick. I have been playing with the FOX chassis almost as long as you have been alive. Around here (Ohio) has the same problem, Terminal Tin Worm, caused by salting the roads in winter. Yet, we usually have 4-5 FOXes in the shop/garage a week that don't belong to any of the 4 of us doing this gig. I myself have 3 of them, 2 being rust-free Florida cars and one being an Ohio rust-bucket. One of the Florida shells will be hacked up for its clean sheetmetal to save the Ohio car (as it is one of less than 4,000 built) To add to that, Dayton Performance is where Ed and one of his crew came to look at/measure/get info on (the owner, Mike) a Nitrous 10.5W car. That is the car that the second release of this kit will be based on (supposedly the decals are very close to Mikes paintjob. I set that meeting up.

The car you have pictured looks like it might just be a fun car (going by the 4-point strut tower brace) and is still mostly stock. My 91GT was completely stock when I bought it (when it had 270,000 original miles on it), my 88 LX Coupe was a 4-holer when I got it. It was killed in a traffic accident two weeks after I V8 swapped it (old lady in a Vickie).

Timing........Revell (Ed himself) had stated late April as the release time, so May isn't too far off from that.

It is lots of fun Bradley, this one is far from dead stock, Moves nicely. Actually it's one of the best hooking up stangs I've driven. It has B303 Heads, a cam, Cold Air Intake, Battery relocate, Drilled and slotted rotors, Thicker Sway bar, drop springs, Aftermarket shocks, Sub Frame connectors and a few other things I forget, Tires were bad and the customer wanted to find a set himself, so we had it quite a while before we could sign the Safety certificate.

GEDC4684_zps3fc5f0ca.jpg

GEDC4683_zps6f544a86.jpg

GEDC4682_zps6e97b4eb.jpg

GEDC4681_zps501844a3.jpg

GEDC4680_zps527dd3b5.jpg

GEDC4679_zpsca2072e2.jpg

My co-worker who I think is in the backround of one of the pictures had a '89 that was built to say the least (.75 shot of NO2, swapped to an MSD ignition and carb, carb was a 850 holley, sitting on a edelbrock dual plane, he had under drive pulley's, full tube front sub frame, aluminum rad with electric fans, and a few other things I forget, he got in some serious trouble with that one.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Not that anyone cares, but the car that inspired (or at least was used by Ed and his crew for the upcoming 'race' version) one aspect of this kit was totaled at the dragstrip last Friday evening. This is in relation to the Revell 1/25th Coupe kit.

Edited by whale392

Reminds me of the White '93 (ex-Highway Patrol) my mother had, it was supposed to go to me when she got more of a "Grandmother's Car" when I turned 18, until my stepfather sold it. I was so angry I didnt speak to him for months, now that I'm older I realize he most likely saved my life! lol

Since im seeing everyone post pics of there cars they want to build ill post one i want to build!...This is a family members car before he traded it off...and there is a convertible for sale just across the bridge at a car dealership....

DSCI0316.jpg

• 2 weeks later...