Model Cars Magazine Forum

HE FINDS,HE SCORES!

while over in Elkhart Indiana last week end and coming up short on finding any hobby shops (hobby land is gone) ,I had all but given up and told my wife head back home to angola but instead of getting on the tollway we would take the back roads home. while going through granger I came upon a small "mom and pop" hobby shop. Went inside and there it was. Ready for this? A first issue revell kenworth w900 "BLUE DIAMOND" kit. couldn't hardly get the money out of my pocket and out the door fast enough. The price you ask? $35.00

Glad to see you found a treasure, but just the mention of Angola brought a rush of memories back to me. I was there in the early 70's going to Tri-Stare ... I know .. it has a stupid name now! I'm a New Englander thru and thru but a Hoosier on the side. We used to go out to Pokagon Park just for a taste of pine trees. :) I also got married while there so it Angola has a special place in my heart.

You went to the granger hobby stop on route 23....he's had that truck forever, I almost bought it last time I was there but I didn't because it was a started truck kit with a few missing pieces. you literally passed right by my house where I grew up when you were on redfield rd....

Chad

just missing the two front tires but they had been replaced. the frame is together witch is ok with me cause its ready to be extended out to get away from the 1970's era.decals are faded but that's fine too. i'll get some from jerry @ model truckin. glad I found it , made the trip worth while........Q

Q tip if I may reccomend Bremen hobbies in Bremen In. not far from Elkhart . They've been there since 1961 and always have a good selection of products. They are also a mom n pop store. Right on sr331 south of rr tracks on east side of street. Maybe an hour from Hudson. Being close to South Bend Mishawaka they have plenty of Round 2 kits in stock as well as Moebius kits as Dave Metzner is from they area. Pop is no longer living but mom and family are running the shop as it always was. Congragulation on good find up in Granger.