Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:10 Scale F/C Body

Well, this is a very rare Milestone Development Firebird Funny Car body pattern. This 1/10 scale body was hand carved then casted in resin. What I was told from a friend that knew someone that worked there is, that they would first start off by designing in 1/10th scale to show their customers. Then this was the pattern that was pantographic down to create the tooling for the 1/16 scale production bodies in China. Now I was told from the person that I got it from, that it was given to him 10+ years ago by one of the owners of Milestone. So what am I going to do with it?? Who knows? I will just set it in my shop for now as a conversation piece

….

Edited by JDS Racing

It's a resin master designed by Tom West, the company was Milestone Development and is out of business, The masters were not hand carved they were done by C&C. The company only had 3 people Tom West, Brian Gettings and a graphics guy.All manufacturing was done in China. They made mainly 1/16 scale diecast drag racing and NASCAR products with fiberglass bodies, they were not kits. And they only did the 1/10th scale master for a very few projects period, I only saw 4 and I saw all the prototypes. I know this company well and was involved in some projects they did, Tom West has been a friend for 40 years,But you do have a rare piece.

Thanks Jim for the info,

I emailed the guy I got the body from to see if he had some more info, this is what he told me:

He got it body from Brian Gittings of Milestone. Brian handled all the overseas manufacturing of their products having previously done the same for Action Performance.

I got to know Brian when CSK Auto (you would remember us as Kragen Auto Parts) decided to sell diecasts of all our CSK/Worsham Racing Funny Cars back around 2000. I did all the original artwork for the cars and then worked with Action's creative department on the spec sheets and paint/tampo diagrams for their Chinese production facility.

• 9 years later...
On 4/14/2013 at 9:43 PM, JDS Racing said:

Well, this is a very rare Milestone Development Firebird Funny Car body pattern. This 1/10 scale body was hand carved then casted in resin. What I was told from a friend that knew someone that worked there is, that they would first start off by designing in 1/10th scale to show their customers. Then this was the pattern that was pantographic down to create the tooling for the 1/16 scale production bodies in China. Now I was told from the person that I got it from, that it was given to him 10+ years ago by one of the owners of Milestone. So what am I going to do with it?? Who knows? I will just set it in my shop for now as a conversation piece

….

Tom West was the driving force behind Milestone. Same guy that helped bring us Aurora Racing Scenes, and thousands of photographs, and, all those wonderful X-Ray drawings! Tom was a super-nice guy! He helped me out with information countless times.