Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Note To The Moderators

Thank you ever so much for immediately taking my post of urgent news about NNL East Friday Night from the General section, and putting it down in No Man's Land in the Events category. Yea, I guess in your overly anal approach to managing this board, putting your own sense of organization way ahead of the good of the board readers and Model Cars Magazine.

Truth be told, I sent the same message to both the Spotlight Hobbies Board and this board. I got it on the Spotlight board at 6:13 and on the Model Cars Board at 6:23. On Spotlight, the notice has 82 views and 3 responses from people who are attending the event and appreciated knowing about the Friday night barbeque. On the Model Cars Board, we have ZERO views and ZERO comments.

Why? Because NOBODY READS THE CATEGORIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARD!!!

It was me that put your post about an upcoming contest in the Contest section. I know, crazy, right? Imagine posting info about an upcoming contest in the contest section! What was I thinking???

If "nobody reads the categories at the bottom of the board," that's their loss. Is scrolling down a web page really that physically exhausting that most people just don't have the stamina to do it??? :rolleyes:

Harry I stand by my observation. I just checked and my NNL East post down in No Man's Land currently has 34 views, and that's probably from readers who know enough to hit the "View New Content" button. Even this silly thread, has near double the views because it's in the most read category.

And BTW, the Spotlight post has 163 views.

Harry I stand by my observation. I just checked and my NNL East post down in No Man's Land currently has 34 views, and that's probably from readers who know enough to hit the "View New Content" button. Even this silly thread, has near double the views because it's in the most read category.

And BTW, the Spotlight post has 163 views.

This forum is set up with distinct categories. The format works very well in keeping things organized and making it easy for members to find exactly what they are interested in, and avoiding whatever they are not interested in. It makes perfect sense.

The Spotlight post has more views because every post is on the list. There is no organization whatsoever. It's a completely different way of running a forum, and it's not the way we do things here.

If you have a problem with the format of this forum, or a problem with posting in the correct place, or a problem with me and how I moderate this forum, contact Gregg directly with your complaint. Unless I'm told otherwise, I will continue to run this forum the way it's supposed to be run.

What is really frustrating about this forum is the double standard and favoritism. When Harry (moderator) wanted to find somebody it was OK for him to post in the general section instead of Where's Waldo? and there seems to be a real quick "trigger" used on some of the posters who don't always share the view of the moderators or favored members.