Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser Madness

A bit of good news......

Hello, guys. I'm proud to announce that Gasser Madness has returned.

Here is what I've written on the front page of www.gassermadness.us
We lost our friend Byron Stack a little over a year ago, but his work -- Gasser Madness -- lives on. The site files took quite a beating during a computer crash at the Draglist offices a few months ago, but we have found most of them and are going to try to recreate the rest. Bear with us as we try to patch this beast back together to make the next round.

Thanks to all of Byron's friends for the encouragement and thanks to Byron's family for asking us to bring the site back. Once we get 'er up and stabilized, we will begin looking for contributions for new material. I know there still are a lot of broken links... we will get 'em fixed if we can. Thanks again and RIP Byron... we got this on your behalf and it won't be fading away...

As noted, some files were lost in the transition, but I have a link to the older sites from the 'Wayback Machine' and will commence recreating those. I would say we are 70 to 80 percent back, if not more.

Please tell all your friends far and wide that the site URL is now gassermadness.us as gassermadness.com was snatched by a Russian Trucking Company. Please change all links on your sites and inform your pals on message boards and other sites to change their links. I'd appreciate you all helping to get the word out.

Bill Pratt, Curator
Byron's Gasser Madness

www.gassermadness.us

Hey Bill, not to nit pick, just wanted to let you know that in your signature area ya have madness spelled with an "n". To copy and paste that link don't work.

Thanks for all of your hard work at putting this back up. I know I'll be checking it out a lot!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, afx said:

It was your post in another gasser-themed topic which made me pick out the two images above--  the dark geen 4-door Willys with the six-lug rear wheels and the yellow humpback sedan with the heavy duty truck(?) rear axle. The six-lug wheels are nearly identical to those found in the Revell '57 "Black Widow" 150 Utility Sedan.

1257984.jpg

1502808.jpg

3693397.jpg

3865700.jpg

6144311.jpg

4 hours ago, afx said:

This book contains a lot of the images from Casey's link above as well as good history and stories.

Image result for gasser wars book

An excellent book, as I had met the author Larry Davis back in '03 and asked him to autograph my copy before he had sent it to me. Lots of great photos and info in those pages. This book is a "must" for gasser lovers.