Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dajiban '75 E-150

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Can a non-Dodge really be a Dajiban? Don't know! Or care!

If you're out of the loop, this should explain things for you- http://jalopnik.com/5481898/crazy-japanese-build-serial-killer-vans-for-the-race-track-dajiban

Anyway...where were we?

001-vi.jpg

This is the AMT Vantom or Phantom or whatever it's called for this reissue. The first thing I had to do was dig up an appropriate set of wheels and tires for this thing. I noticed that many of the 1:1 Dajibans have RWL BFG T/A tires with Minilite-style wheels. After a bit of digging I located a set of each. The van was also lowered, and I chose to incorporate a bit of negative camber, which is easy with a Ford Twin I Beam front suspension when you lower it with shorter (or cut) coil springs!

002-vi.jpg

I'm going for an overall 'tattered' look, so I used the worst paint I had in the stash- a very old can of Rustoleum Heirloom White with a bad nozzle. Some light weathering will follow. I'm throwing in a few random elements from other genres, too- the passenger's side headlight is covered with a smiley face- I've seen many Bosozoku-styled cars with that lamp covered or removed, so I decided to do it to this. It will also have an oil cooler on or under the front bumper.

Posted

Alright Chuck, you got my attention ;)

Posted

I see the AMT '53 Stude wheels have been put to use already. B)

Posted

I see the AMT '53 Stude wheels have been put to use already. B)

Thats were the wheels came from?, I like them, I need to get me a set

Posted

Thats were the wheels came from?, I like them, I need to get me a set

Avoid the most recent reissues ("Double Whammy" and later)- they have the old Halibrand wheels instead. Still cool wheels, but not this type.

Posted

The 'paint' is more or less done, and I decided to try a subtle 'stickerbomb' motif for the rear windows.

001-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

Posted

Fantastic mixture of styles! Love the look of it! and LOVE the stickerbombed windows!

Posted

This quick little weekend project is DONE! Uploading pics of the finished van now. :rolleyes:

Posted

Sweet van

Posted

That's. freakin cool Chuck!