Model Cars Magazine Forum

My little Testors paint rack

If you can find the thread, our own Drew Hierwarter did a similar project for his Model Master 1/2 oz bottles a short time ago. IIRC he routered holes part way through the bottom slats to keep the bottles from tipping over. Just a thought...

Edited by Monty

yeppers , 60 and a rock & roller guitar picker and tell your daughter that girls can do anything and everything !!!! George I used 1/4 thick poplar ,, the small bottle rack I cut the strips 1 5/8 for the step and 1 1/8 for the riser and just used glue ,, the large bottles same wood just 1 3/4 step and same riser , very easy to make ,,,, why thank you Harry on both counts :lol:

see if it was something i built, it'd be unlevel, different types of woods, and the dimensions wouldn't be correct.

in seriousness, the racks look good (THE PAINT RACKS...) so i may build something similar.

the only other thing i think would make it even better is if you had a really small diameter rod going horizontally across where it prevents the bottles from tipping over.

Girl plays guitar,knows how to work with wood and woodworking tools and the kicker.....she builds model cars.Are you married ? Anne can you give up the dimensions and type of wood you used,I really like that paint rack and want to do one like it.

Why can't I find a girl my age like this?

Builder, musician...and a very good wood-worker.

Charlie Larkin

If you can find the thread, our own Drew Hierwarter did a similar project for his Model Master 1/2 oz bottles a short time ago. IIRC he routered holes part way through the bottom slats to keep the bottles from tipping over. Just a thought...

Thanks for the plug. I built mine back in 2006 when we moved into the new house and I did an article on it for that "other" magazine. Mine was a combination paint rack and tool holder.

But frankly, I like Anne's much better. :lol: